Pushing for a Better You

by - January 10, 2018

Another brand new year is here which means new things for this page and for myself. I set goals for myself with my writing last year and met them, and I plan on doing the same in 2018. A year full of new posts, new challenges, and new topics being incorporated into this page. I have plenty of plans in mind for the year ahead of us.


I recently had a friend encouraging me in my health goals for this year in a different way than I am used to. She told me that I needed to get to the gym more and that I have been selling myself short of what I believe I am capable of as far as my workouts go. My initial reaction to that of course was to take offense, but almost immediately afterwards I realized she is absolutely right. I spent all of 2017 only going to the gym two times a week (in between many weeks of breaks that is). When I first started going back to the gym early last year that was a good start, but I should have upped my time at the gym long before now. Without hesitation I decided I was going to be going three days in a row now. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

I know, this is only a small addition but I think it is what I need. I have always recommended baby steps, and this is a baby step, however, by continuing to only go two times a week I was not even taking those. I haven't worked out two nights in a row in years, but today is my second of the three. I would be lying if I said I wasn't sore, especially since I do squats as a warmup before my cardio. My back hurts a bit, my legs are sore, but if you do not come out of a workout sore then you are not working hard enough. No pain no gain right?

I have a drive this time around that I haven't felt in quite some time. I want to slowly become a healthier self. I am not concerned about the number on the scale as I have said before, but with the way I feel. I want to have more energy and I know that eating healthy and whole nutritious foods will help me with that. I will make a conscious effort to drink at least 64 oz of water every single day. I am still going to drink coffee, but I am trying to slowly cut back the amount of cream and sugar I put into it as well as cutting back on the trips to Starbucks for lattes (that is going to be a hard one for sure). Taking little steps that lead to big changes in your life is what it is all about.

I want to encourage you all to do the same. Take time to take small steps into eating right. Start working out on a regular basis and as my friend says, do not sell yourself short. Do not push yourself past what you are capable of, but make sure you are pushing to that point. Push through the pain so you will get past your hump just like I need to. We can do it together. I have total faith in myself and I know darn well I can do it. I lost all that weight once, why can't I do it again?

Looking forward I have big plans for this blog in the coming year. Recipes, book reviews, and maybe even adding a few new topics such as reviewing essential oils and discussing quotes. I love that I have this space to write about the things I am passionate about. I especially love that there are those of you out there that take the time to read the words I put so much passion into. Here is to a happier, healthier year in 2018! I hope to see you during the ride!

You May Also Like

0 comments