Oola Tea Review: Energy and Detox Welcome Box

by - March 04, 2018

I know I have been hinting at an upcoming product review for my page here since just about the beginning of the year, and that post has finally arrived. I decided to start up with a new subscription, and that is a tea subscription. I am sure you remember the book reviews I did last year for both the original Oola and the Oola for Women books by Dave Braun and Troy Amdahl. Well the two Oola guys recently came out with a line of teas.

I decided starting a subscription with these teas would be great for me at this time for two reasons. One, I am trying to make healthier decisions and the first two teas (that I will be reviewing shortly) both seemed like great tools to use during this time. The second reason being that I decided to give up coffee for lent, and I knew these would help me during those forty days. 

Every subscriber starts their Oola tea journey with a starter pack that contains one package of Peppermint Rush Energy tea, and a package of Dragon Clove Detox tea. I will get into the individual teas later on. I first wanted to talk about my first impression which comes from the packaging. Honestly, the packaging is beautiful. The individual packages of tea are nicely designed and really eye catching. The packaging of the actual box the teas come in, however, is just as eye catching. As you can see in the picture above, the box opens like a book to reveal two little compartments that the bags of tea are in. I love that the box really is kept pretty minimal but the words have a big meaning. You can see what the words say in the picture above, but the quote on the right side, "Together changing the world with a word. #Oola" speaks to me so much. If you have followed this blog at all since it started, you should know why I love this quote so much. I suppose in a way you can say I am hoping to change the world with my words through this very page. Like I said, the words on the packaging are minimal, but pack a big punch.
Once you open up the box, you find the two bags of tea, a recipe card, and an Oola goal sticker where you can write down a goal you would like to achieve before your next box comes to you. There is also a discount code for future purchases outside of your monthly subscription box. I honestly love everything about this. You get the two teas at a discounted price than you would for just buying the individual bags, and there are a few little bonuses in there as well.

Now, let's get into the actual teas. The box is designed to have one tea that has a higher caffeine content in it, and the other a lower caffeine content. I of course chose to drink the Peppermint Rush Energy tea in the morning and the Dragon Clove Detox tea at night before bed. I will just go into the teas in that order. Before I get into it, I should mention that these teas are designed so the consumer can add verified consumable essential oils to them. As you may know I use Young Living essential oils, so I was able to do this.

Let's start with the Peppermint Rush Energy tea. This is a peppermint black tea. Every morning for the last two weeks I would steep one tea bag for about 5 minutes. Once the tea was done, I added one drop of peppermint essential oil and about 2 teaspoons of honey to the tea and stirred it up. I typically brought the tea to work with me and drank it there. Honestly, I did feel like it gave me a huge energy rush. Just smelling the peppermint alone was enough to wake me up but to add it in with the tea made it a winning combo. I honestly have not missed my morning coffee once since I have been drinking this and I am loving it. The flavor is really nice and just a little bit of sweetness was perfect to really enjoy this tea. I felt like it did exactly as it promised and it gave me a really nice boost.

Every night before bed I had a cup of the Dragon Clove Detox tea. This is a green tea.I drank this one both with honey and without it. I enjoyed it both ways so I really just went with what I was in the mood for. This tea calls for a clove-based essential oil so I added 2 drops of Thieves essential oil from Young Living. No complaints adding that oil as cold season is still going strong around here and Thieves is amazing for immunity support. Just the smell of this tea alone is amazing but it tastes even better! I personally am not a big fan of green tea. I drink it for the health benefits, but I never really enjoyed the taste of it. This tea, however, I did not need to force myself to drink. I looked forward to it every night. As far as the detoxing qualities? I fully felt them. I had hit a bit of a plateau with my weight loss the last few weeks. I was still going down in my weight, but only in very small increments. After I finished with the two weeks drinking this tea every night, I had lost just about 5 lbs and for two weeks that is a fairly reasonable loss. This tea did seem to detox but in a much more comfortable way. Anybody who has had other brands of detox tea in the past knows exactly what I am talking about.

I truly did feel these teas detoxed my body, but also my mind in a way as well to make better choices. I had more energy to get through my workouts. I still have not blown off the gym once and I am even extending my workouts more as well. I think these teas truly gave me the extra push I needed to get over that little bump in my road. This tea is helping me with my Oola Fitness goal of getting healthier!
Peppermint Rush Energy tea pictured in my work cubical.
A monthly subscription to Oola tea is $29.99 USD a month. That includes shipping. You get the recipes, sticker, and 2 different teas a month to try. That is 2 bags of 14 tea pyramid sachets (a total of 28 tea sachets). They also have a store on their site where you can purchase the previous month's teas if you do not want to commit to a subscription, but are curious to try them. I went on and bought the other flavors I was missing right away because I loved this tea so much. I am actually drinking an almond milk latte I made with the Cinnamon Chai Peace tea and two drops of cardamom essential oil as I am writing this post. If you want to check it out, here is the link to the website: Oola Tea. The website provides all the useful information you will need about these teas.

Overall I am super impressed with these teas. I have more energy and drive to become a healthier me. I know if I start my morning with a healthy choice, the rest of the day's healthy choices just come that much easier to me. I am certainly driven to meet my Oola Fitness goals while I am drinking them, and I know the other  Fs of Oola will follow right behind. Great taste, certified organic, formulated for essential use, where could you go wrong when it comes to a morning (or night) beverage?

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. My first box is shipping today and I cannot wait! I found Oola by accident, or by divine intervention truthfully,I wasn't looking for it or anything like it! Best accident or intervention ever!! I love the Oola for Women book and I am looking forward to my Oola journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this blog, Energy Boosting Tea You Need To Try, An extra boost when you need it, Yethai’s Energy Booster Tea

    ReplyDelete