Make That Change

by - June 24, 2018

I know I have said it before, but I do a lot of thinking when I drive. I am alert and am careful while I drive (trust me I didn't wait so long to get my license out of fear to end up a reckless driver), but some of my best ideas come to me on my way to or from work. This post is no different. I am very aware that this post in some ways is just reiterating topics from previous posts, but I have been so inspired to write this one lately. 

It started while I was listening to the song "Change" from Charlie Puth's new album Voicenotes in the car (featuring James Taylor). I have literally been listening to nothing but this album the last few weeks, but that is beside the point. The reason this song got me thinking so much is pretty obvious from the title. I got to thinking about the many changes in my life, my personality, and my heart. The song's lyrics talk about making a change to realize we are all truly the same and equal as human beings. The reason that lead me to be inspired to write this post is that it truly is so amazing how one small change really does start a domino effect to so many other positive changes in your life and your heart. 

Years ago as many of you know I decided to make the change in my attitude and look at life in a positive light rather than a negative one. I really didn't realize until recently just how much that decision changed me so much more than what appeared on the surface. I used to hold onto grudges with dear life. I used to let so many things bother me and get me down. I used to obsess over such small details that most people probably didn't see or remember at all. It truly is a maddening way to think and live. I really didn't realize that I had slowly grown out of that until this past week. You can think and act as positive as you want, but if you don't allow yourself to move on from all the things you need to and allow your heart to grow instead of stay stuck in the same place then you really are not fully committing to being a positive person. 

Try new things and step out of your comfort zone. All week this past week I was absolutely dreading a session with a personal trainer I was talked into. I was stressing about it so much that I was basically having a mini panic attack in the locker room before going out to meet the trainer to start. Fast-forward to today, three days later and I am planning on signing up for once a week sessions tomorrow when I go to the gym. Allowing yourself to step out of your comfort zone and allowing old feelings of hurt and anger to slip away is an absolutely freeing feeling. You just may surprise yourself with the outcome. 

Give yourself a few minutes to look back on the person you were a few years ago. Is this the same person you are today? If so is that a good thing or a bad thing? Do you wish you were more positive or do you wish you were able to let certain things go? Make an effort to change. One change will lead to another then another and so on. Once you make the big step to being the person inside and out that you wish to be, you just may be surprised as to how everything else lines up. Make that change.

You May Also Like

0 comments