Feeling Unenthusiastic

by - May 05, 2019

I am going to be flat out honest to start out this post. I almost skipped writing a post this week. As I mentioned last week I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed at work (although this past week was a lot better) which isn't giving me as much time to brainstorm ideas. I decided why not take that and turn it into a topic for this blog instead of just blowing it off. I think any writer will say they get writer's block from time to time. I figured instead of giving into that, why not talk about being uninspired as a whole in your life.

We can start with the obvious here. Any fellow writers that may have stumbled across this post I am sure have experienced writer's block from time to time. It honestly doesn't happen super often for me. I think that is because I use my everyday life to inspire the topics for my post. Sometimes that connection is obvious, while for others it may not be. Occasionally, however, I am just at a bit of a loss to find the perfect topic for a post. Usually that is because I am busier than usual with my every day life. I know there are a number of bloggers and writers that make their living this way, but I am not one of those people. I love my job and I wouldn't have it any other way, but sometimes that means I cannot focus as much on my writing as I would like. If you are dealing with something similar I would encourage you to try and spin that negative into a positive just like I did by turning it into a topic for my blog this week. There is also nothing wrong with taking a small break as well. If I ever need to skip a week because I am feeling uninspired I will. It is better to skip a week instead of forcing yourself to write and producing work that is junk compared to your usual content.

I know another big aspect of my life that lacks when I am feeling a bit unenthusiastic is meal prep and eating in general. This past week I could not decide what I was going to prep for next week's lunches. Typically I make up my shopping list on Wednesday so I can shop on Friday for the following week. This week I was throwing a list together last minute Friday morning. It is a little funny to me that now that I am no longer on Whole30 and have a much wider range of foods to choose from, I am struggling to find healthy foods I want. I decided just to make chicken soup. It is easy to make and I always enjoy soups when I bring them for lunch. If you are struggling with meals I would suggest doing something similar. Decide on a healthy meal you typically always enjoy. If you are not feeling too adventurous then stick to what you know and venture out a bit more when you are feeling it a bit more. You are going to know you the best and it should be fairly easy to figure out what is a typical easy go to meal for you. Keep it simple.

This one has not been a problem for me lately but to stick to the usual theme of my page here another example can be working out. To go back to last week's post a bit here you just need to find your groove when it comes to working out. Back when I used to focus mainly on cardio I found working out extremely tedious and more like a chore. It is pretty hard to find the motivation to keep going when you are just not feeling the positive effects it has on you. Just keep your goal in mind. Also do not stick to just one or two activities in the gym if you are like me and find yourself getting bored easily. Cardio used to be my security blanket. Working out with a personal trainer helped show me the ropes (figuratively and literally) with weight training and do you know what? I honestly cannot stand doing cardio anymore. I do it twice a week because I know its good for me but I prefer the weight training. If you are uninspired at the gym or with fitness in general find a way to change things up. Find something you find more exciting and enjoyable than what you might already be doing.

So there you go! I turned my writer's block into a full length post here in no time at all! It is fairly normal to just be uninspired in life sometimes. Yes I am Miss Positivity normally as you all know based on this page, but that does not mean I don't have off days. I can tell you this past Friday was a rough day for me... for really no reason at all. I was crabby and emotional and just overall not in a great mood at all. I woke up Saturday in a way better mood. We all have ups and downs. Sometimes one outweighs the other, but the cycle will always come back around eventually. Take your bad with your good. Realize that it is all just part of life. Look towards your future. There are likely beautiful things in store for you. You just need to have faith and keep pushing yourself even when you are feeling unenthusiastic. 

You May Also Like

1 comments