Stay Humble

by - June 16, 2019

Let me start today's post off by saying Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers, grandfathers, and godfathers out there! I hope you all have some great plans for your dads and celebrate them! They are after all a pretty big contributing factor to your entire existence! I still wanted to stick to my weekly posting schedule here so I am writing this blog before any of the family comes over to celebrate the dads in our lives. I hope you all have some nice plans ahead as well!

Before I get into the actual real content of this post I wanted to take a moment to give my dad a little shoutout. He is always joking around with me to write about him in my blog here, so I figured I would surprise him with a little shoutout! I am so thankful to have this man in my life. I know so many are not as lucky as my sister and I am to have a father in our lives that would do anything for us. Sure we don't get along 100% of the time. We get on each other's nerves and have disagreements but what family members don't from time to time? Thank you for always being there to support us from getting no sleep before working nights just so you could come to our many chorus concerts through the years to supporting me all through college by driving me back and forth daily. You made and continue to make a lot of sacrifices for us through the years and I want you to know it does not go unnoticed. Thank you for being there for me always, I would not be the person I am today without you... and I don't just mean because I look just like you!

Now with all that being said lets get into the post here. This topic is one that has been present on my page before. I am aware of that, but there is a specific reason for that. I think it is something we need to be reminded of from time to time. I want you to think of all of the things in your life that you are grateful for. I started off this post by talking about my father because I am grateful to have him and all that he does for me in my life. That goes for the rest of my family too of course. Maybe you are not as close with your family, I am sure you have someone in your life that loves you and you are very happy to have. Maybe you have a pet that absolutely adores you. Now think of things in your life that you are grateful for. It could be the roof over your head (even if it isn't yours and you are living with someone), it could be the fact that there is food on your table every night. Maybe you absolutely love your job. The possibilities are really endless. Anything in your life that you are fortunate to have that others may not be so lucky.

Okay now that you have that list in your head think of how you would feel if it was suddenly taken from you. Money doesn't last forever, our loved ones all have to leave us at some point, circumstances and situations change all the time. Now that is pretty extreme and somewhat cryptic thinking I know, but it needed to be said to make my point. My main purpose in bringing all of this up is to remind you all (and myself) to stay humble. You never know when the tides are going to change. Just because you have a constant in your life right now doesn't mean it is going to stay that way forever. Be grateful for everything you have in your life. They all truly are blessings. Go ahead and enjoy that nice plentiful meal you are tucking into but just remember to have a slice of humble pie for dessert!

I am so grateful for my family and for many things I have in my life. I am also aware that many people are not as lucky. On Father's Day especially I think it is important to remember this. Due to many different reasons I know that there are others that are not as lucky as I am to not only have my father in my life but to have the relationship I do with him. If you are lucky enough to have these types of relationships in your life just remember to cherish it since there are so many others that are not as lucky. As I said this goes for all aspects of your life. The world is always spinning and with that comes change. Just as the seasons are constantly changing so are we. We never know what tomorrow may bring so just remember to appreciate life for as it is today when you still can!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Beautiful post <3 The reminder to stay humble is always appreciated! We often forget how quick things could change!

    Renee @ Maritime Mama

    ReplyDelete