Making Adjustments

by - August 04, 2019

Well today’s post was completely unplanned and the topic is pretty much writing itself for me. Let me explain here. I overall have a strict Sunday routine. I always do my laundry on Sundays, meal prep, and write my blog a few hours before I schedule it to post. That has been my routine for well over a year now. Well even though this is going to be posted as normal on Sunday, I am writing it on a Thursday. Here I am using my lunch break at work to make sure I keep to my posting schedule. The reason for this is because my laptop decided to stop working a few nights ago. It is being looked at now, but I had to improvise a bit to post today!

So how will I turn this into a topic for my blog you may ask? Well I think that is one of the things I do best personally. Take events or themes from my everyday life and find a way to write about them in a way that spreads positivity. Well writing on a different computer while using my lunch break is certainly an adjustment. I know that keeping up with my blog is important to me (yes, even if I did skip a week recently to watch Stranger Things). One of my first thoughts when my laptop went down was my blog and how that was going to change my posting abilities. It is important to me, so I found a way to make it work. Luckily, I have access to other resources to do so. Although I am not happy about it, I had to make some adjustments to make it work.

Sometimes in life we do need to make some adjustments. Another great example would be your diet. There are plenty of reasons people would adjust their diet. Maybe it is to lose weight. Maybe it is because certain foods cause you discomfort and just overall make you feel horrible. Maybe there is a more serious reason such as a diagnosis of a health condition causing you to cut certain foods out. There are a ton of reasons. This week I decided to adjust my diet as well (total coincidence). As any of you that read my page weekly will know I loved doing the Whole30 diet. Both times I completed it I wanted to continue the rules into my everyday life. What I ended up finding out is that once I allowed myself to have the foods I couldn’t I kind of lost control. I didn’t binge or anything like that, but I just figured out that the Whole30 is way too restrictive for me personally. What I have decided to do is adjust my diet in stages. This week I have been cutting out dairy where I can and I vowed to have a vegetable with every single meal. The vegetables are an obvious choice, and the reasoning behind dairy is I just feel there are plenty of better alternatives I can use in its place. I definitely won't be cutting it out fully though. Once that adjustment is more of a habit then I will move onto the next. Adjustments are just fine with the food you eat if it is doable for you!

I think another big type of adjustment in your life comes to relationships. Sometimes the relationship we have with someone changes. Actually, I suspect it is most of the time. Friends are a lot easier to keep in touch with when we are in our early 20's with no spouse or kids. Situations and circumstances are constantly changing. I personally see no problem with adjusting your relationships. Maybe you have a friend you used to see every week that now you can only see a few times a year. Maybe you and your significant other have conflicting work schedules and you hardly have one on one time anymore. These are pretty large adjustments yes, but they are all for a good purpose. Isn’t seeing your friend a few times a year better than not seeing them at all? Isn’t hardly seeing your spouse because of conflicting work obligations leading to a more stable future? As long as the people you love are in your life to some degree, I would say you are still very lucky!

Overall, I would say that life in general is all about adjustments. Life would be completely boring if it always went 100% according to plan. That is the beauty of life though, that we get to just pick right up and move on even if it is on a completely different path than we thought. Trust me, I am one of the most habitual people in the world I would say. I go to work, go to the gym, I go home and eat dinner, shower, then go on my computer for a few hours before bed. Every. Single. Night. I am not too big on adjusting my life, but I adapt when I need to. Isn’t adjusting yourself better than just sulking anyways?

You May Also Like

0 comments