Just Checking In

by - May 17, 2020

Here we are on yet another Sunday. I apologize for not posting last week. I figured that since Mother's Day couldn't quite be what it usually is this year, that I would take the week off and spend it with my mother. I hope all the mothers in the world reading this had an absolutely lovely day. They deserve the praise even more now given all the hats every mother is wearing at the moment. I know things are slowly starting to open back up and such right now, but overall life is still very much at a different pace than it was a few months ago. I figured today could be a check in post, and I could offer up some encouragement to those of us that may be struggling, as well as put in a positive message (of course) as well.

How have you been spending your newfound free time? Many of us are doing things around the house or trying new recipes. Have you used this time to take up a new skill or hobby like I suggested a few weeks ago? I can promise you I have done more baking in the last two months than I have that last two years combined. Of course I shared the baked goods too since I cannot be trusted with them myself. What about more leisurely activities? I have read four books from the time I have been working from home alone, which is pretty mind boggling to me. Overall I would say that I have been spending the time pretty well doing some of the things I may not have been making time for before. 

So now that we are likely past the mid point of the amount of time we will be working for home and having extra time on our hands take some time to consider what you accomplished. Did you finish the book you've been wanting to read? Did you work on that project around the house and even better did you finish it? Take some time to consider some things you may want to accomplish still and set out to do them. I personally was going to skip the vegetable garden this year but decided that since I will be home most of the time I could use the summer project. Now is an even better time to work on a project like this. Even if things are starting to slightly go back to normal, there is still time! I think if any positive thing came out of this situation it is the reset it gave many of us. 

Finally I want you to think about the person you have been and will continue to be in the future during this global pandemic. Did you look out for your family, friends, and neighbors? When you did need to go out in public did you treat any essential worker you came across with decency and respect? Did you follow basic protocols by business and the government to ensure the safety of not just you but all the people around you? Nobody needs to know the answers to these questions but you, but I want you to truly think about them to yourself. If you answered no to any of them I think it is time that you reevaluate yourself, your morals, and your priorities. Now as I have always said I am not here to judge anyone but I am going to always encourage my readers to act as decent human beings at all times. If this pandemic has taught you anything, let that be that life is precious and fragile and it can be over before you know it. When your time comes you are going to feel a lot better about yourself if you spent your life spreading compassion over selfishness.

I hope every single one of my readers is doing well and staying safe and sane through everything. I know this has been a rough time for everyone in some way, shape, or form. Hang in there and know we are all in this together. Spread kindness to the essential workers and even make a small donation to the first responders during this crisis if possible. When you go out in public for goodness' sake just put on a mask to prevent any spreading of the infection. I understand that these things are annoying but it takes a lot less effort to just do them than it does to complain. Tip your deliver drivers well and spread kindness and appreciation wherever you go to the people that are still working exposing themselves to this virus every day. Keep up with your projects and activities and hobbies to keep yourself occupied everyday. Before you know it we will be back to sharing smiles and spreading love in person. 

You May Also Like

0 comments