2016: I'm Ready For You!

by - December 23, 2015

Here we are again, at the end of yet another year. With that comes the time to reflect and look back on what we accomplished (or didn’t get around to accomplishing) over the past twelve months. As anyone that may have read this blog in the past (in other words my Facebook friends haha) you’ll already know that this is my first update in almost a year. I promised that I was more determined than ever in the New Year and was going to lose more weight. Well here I am now and I did not accomplish that at all, quite the opposite.

 2015 was a pretty decent year all around. Shortly after my last post I started a new full-time job, and up until August was working two jobs. My full-time job is one that I am very happy at and feel like part of a big happy family (most days!). Leaving my part-time job that I had been at for over five years was hard (truthfully A LOT harder than I expected), and I still have friends there that I will probably have for life, but I am glad I was finally able to move on to the next stage in life. 2015 was full of laughs, love, new friends, and even some heartache but through all that I gained a lot of life experience. Unfortunately that was not all that was gained.
Throughout the year I gained probably around 70 lbs back of the weight I lost. I am not back to where I started, but on some days it felt like I was close enough. I was working over 60 hours a week at one point and I just was too tired to work out or worry about what I was eating. No, that is not an excuse, but that’s why I got so off track, however, the fact that I can recognize that as a problem, well I think that’s a pretty good start.

 Here is probably the most important thing I hope to gain in 2016: Self-love and self-acceptance. Don’t be freaked out by that, I by no means hate myself, but there were times that I was not very happy with myself for letting my weight get out of control again. Not that weight is the only factor in loving yourself, but I need to get control of my life again. Back when I was at my lowest weight I was more confident than I had ever felt in my life prior. Will I ever be in a size 2? I highly doubt it, but that is not what I am getting at here. Your weight should not be what decides your self-worth, but if it gives you a little more confidence it certainly helps! Also, your health is what is important, not your appearance. That is something I have also learned throughout the year again.
I want to get my life back under control. I want to be and feel healthy again. Someone very recently said to me “you have all the tools and everything you need right in front of you” and you know what? He is absolutely right.  I am very fortunate and do have a lot of access to things that a lot of people don’t, so it is time I utilize that to its fullest extent and regain control of my life. I have everything I need to get my confidence back in 2016. If you’re reading this, I know you’ll know who you are and I’ve said it before but I have you to thank for a lot. Thank you for pushing me and not sugarcoating the truth. For making me stop having a pity party and to start to do something about getting my life back under control. I will forever be grateful for the many ways you have helped me throughout our time together.

So here is to starting a new year off fresh and slowly getting myself back in order. Once I get my driver’s license (yes everyone, the road test is FINALLY officially scheduled) I will be at the gym a lot more, I will get my eating habits back in order and I will not let myself get frustrated if I don’t see immediate results. I may even go back and read all the previous posts in this blog to get my old ways of thinking back as well.

So since this is in a way an advice page I want to stay true to that. If you have read this whole entry, thanks for sticking around this long! My advice would be to ditch the New Year’s resolution and simply make promises to start off with small changes in your life. Start drinking less soda and drink a lot more water. Start setting a time at night were you won’t have anything else to eat. Plan one set day a week to work out and as you find time and endurance to add to that do it. New Year’s resolutions hardly ever stick anyways. For those of us that go to the gym, I’m sure we all know that in January the gym is filled with people 24/7 and by March it goes back to its usual amount. Don’t set these huge goals for yourself because you are only setting up yourself for failure. That goes for other “resolutions” as well, not just weight-loss related ones!
 Lastly, I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year! <3

You May Also Like

1 comments