A Reflection on January 2016/Appreciating Life

by - January 29, 2016


I think I am going to try to do an end of the month reflection post every month (as long as I remember to haha) from now on with my page. Still being at the beginning of a new year, I think this would be something positive to finish up another month with so here goes nothing:
January 2016

Well, I started off this brand new year with a goal in my head, and although the year is still new, I was hoping to have a bit of a better start to it. I really only went down in my weight a tiny bit, not nearly as much as I would have liked, however, my weight did not go up and that makes me extremely happy. Over the last year or so my weight was, although slowly, increasing steadily. The fact that I stopped this is enough (for now) for me. I said at the beginning of the year that I was not going to put myself down over a lack of progress. Am I a little frustrated? For sure! But I will not let it deter me from making future progress.

That being I just wanted to take a few moments and type out my thoughts. Today I learned some not so happy news from a colleague that has made me think all day. I am not going to go into any details about it, however, it has made me think so much about the present.

Not too long ago I posted about living one day at a time, and I guess this post is really just a repeat of that in a way. That being said: Never take anything for granted and truly appreciate each and every day and thing and person you have because you truly never know when that can change. Things can happen so fast and you may never know when, where, and even why. Enjoy life each and every day. When you are upset with someone you love never leave the house angry or go to bed angry. Never give up on someone or something. Everything can change in a second so appreciate everything you can in the moment.

Dwelling on a lack of progress in January is going to get me nowhere, so it will stay in the past. I am going to appreciate everything I have and make today a better day. I want to enjoy life and make every day golden. If everyone had this attitude the world would probably be a much better place. Tomorrow is guaranteed for nobody, so appreciate life each second that goes by and never get yourself down over things that cannot be changed because they are in the past.

You May Also Like

0 comments