Daily Struggles and Negative Nancys

by - January 07, 2016


I think my time away from my blog gave me a lot of time to reflect on things and come up with ways to make this page a little better. I am so eager to post lately and there really is no explanation why, but no complaints here! When life got in the way and I started getting busier, my writing basically went on the back burner just like I hoped it wouldn't. My weight and progress also went along with it. Which is in a way leads me into my next topic. This post is going to be a little different. I have two topics I want to spill my feelings on that in a way coincide with one another, but also stand alone, and this post more than the others is not directly involved with weight-loss or dieting or anything of the sort. Although it can relate to those things, they really are both things that I think most people can relate to their everyday life.

One thing I have really learned pretty recently is to take things one step at a time. Every single day is a beautiful and unique day in its own and it really is important to remember that. You should not punish yourself for something that is over and done. Leave the past in the past and move forward. I know more than anything that this is a very hard thing to do. My mind always seems to wander to troubles from the past that it really shouldn't be wandering to. Something silly I said to the wrong person three days ago, feeling guilty that I forgot to return a text message, eating a caloric meal that I should have thought twice about. Like I said, silly things that should be over and done. Most people that are really close to me will agree with the fact that I over think EVERYTHING! Although I am sure there are situations that this may come in handy, this really is an unnecessary trait to have. Every day is a brand new day and should be treated as just that. There is no use for feeling guilty about the cheeseburger and fries you had for lunch yesterday because you can't change that. Leave the past in the past and grow from that experience.

If you are reading this because you are indeed on a journey to a healthier you, as I am, then just remember to take things one day at a time. Although you do want to have a long term goal to strive towards, treat every day in your weight-loss journey as either a success or a day to improve in the future from (notice I did not say failure). If you just keep feeling guilty about the days you cheated or just didn't do as well as you hoped, you will get absolutely nowhere. That is half the reason I gained so much back over the last year, I kind of gave up because I figured 'why not?' But not anymore. I am now going through this one day at a time.

The second topic I wanted to bring up is negativity. You can literally find it everywhere, even in the most unexpected places. If you start to have real success like I did my first time around at this whole weight-loss thing, you're most likely going to have someone who just doesn't like it. Someone who criticizes the way you're doing it saying things like “Oh that doesn't work!” or anything along those lines. Those things simply spawn from jealousy. Anybody taking the steps to better themselves and/or live a healthier lifestyle should be applauded and should never have anything negative thrown their way, but it happens. I can with 100% certainty say it happens. Don't let it get to you! Simply recognizing the fact that you want to make a change and seeing that a change is needed is a HUGE DEAL, nobody can take that from you. Nobody. Don't ever forget that.

There are so many things that can stack up against you on any big journey in life, the key is recognizing that they cannot be changed and move forward. If someone can't be anything but happy for you, they do not deserve a spot in your life. If you had a bad day, leave it in the past, move on, and be able to say you learned something from it. Both of these lessons are very important. You will never get anywhere in life if you let them devour you.

Before I sign off I was looking for any comments anyone may want to offer. I was thinking of expanding this blog's horizons (just a bit) and maybe doing different types of posts sometimes. I'm not completely sure what kinds of posts I will do, but my first thought was maybe the occasional healthy recipe I am fond of or even an occasional daily meal plan or something along those lines. Any thoughts?

As always, if you're still with me and read through all this thank you for the love and support! :-)

You May Also Like

1 comments