Staying Active and Finding What Fits You

by - February 23, 2016

Working out. Some of us love it, some of us hate it, and some of us are right in the middle. That is where I fit, right in the middle. I have a love/hate relationship with working out. I think of a million dumb excuses not to, but still make myself do it and once I do I am happy I did. I always feel so good afterwards and honestly nothing feels better than showering after a particularly sweaty workout!

My best advice to give on this subject would be to find a workout that fits you and works best with your life/lifestyle. Personally, I like going to the gym and going into a different environment to workout. I like using the cardio machines and using the weights occasionally as well. It is just a nice change of scenery for that hour or two that I am there and that takes away the option of quitting my work out early because the couch looks extra comfortable. The gym isn’t for everyone though! I know when I was at my heaviest I absolutely didn’t want anyone to see me working out. I was extremely self-conscious about that for quite some time, and that is perfectly fine! Find what you are most comfortable with!

Lately because I did get so lazy over the past year I now have to work my endurance back up, so I have not been exercising for as long as I once did. That would be the next piece of advice… do not push yourself! Work up your endurance and don’t think because you can only walk on a treadmill for 20 minutes that that makes you a failure. It will most definitely get easier the longer you do it! I promise. I just started going back to the gym on a weekly basis (yay!! FINALLY got my driver’s license) and I’ve already been able to work up my endurance to 15 more minutes that when I just started again. Don’t be discouraged if you can’t do it for long because that will get better the more you exercise.

I have been trying to get to the gym at the very least two nights a week, sometimes three. What my plan is, is that I will still do something active on the nights I do not go. I just purchased a beginner’s yoga kit (only $10! Score!) so I am going to do my best to do at least one 30-minute workout from that DVD on the nights I do not go to the gym. Once the weather gets a little nicer I will probably start taking more walks. So just do something active and get off the couch every night, but having one or two rest days during the week is important too. Give your body some time to recover! Speaking of recovery, reward yourself with a yummy protein shake after your workouts! Some of them taste like dessert and are usually under 300 calories. Check out Pinterest for endless possibilities!

Working out is very important in your weight-loss journey so do some trial and error until you find something you can stick to! Anything is better than lounging around all day and night! Another good idea is to find a buddy to workout with! You can keep each other motivated and will be more likely to stick to it! Shout-out to Steph who was my gym buddy for quite a while J ! Just remember also that it is very important to stay hydrated while you work out as well! Good Luck and stay motivated Loves!

You May Also Like

0 comments