Finding Your Strength

by - March 02, 2016


Strength is a word that really has a lot of different meanings. You do not have to be able to bench hundreds of pounds to be a strong person. Everyone has a different definition of strength. I am going to expand a bit on a previous blog in this post, but it’s something that has been on my mind a lot lately:

Ironically enough I just finished a strength yoga workout about five minutes ago and I can tell you I wasn't showing any signs of strength there! Legs were wobbling, arms were shaking the entire time, but I pushed through all that and finished up the half hour workout. That kind of brings me to my point. The mindset of being strong and physically being strong are two very different things. This is my own personal opinion, but I think having a strong mindset is a lot more important, in any aspect in life.

You find yourself wondering what/how an ex is doing, or a former friend, or something along those lines. We have all been there to a certain degree. Absolutely wanting to talk to someone when you know you shouldn't and that your relationship is toxic. It is so hard to not just shoot them a quick text or facebook message (especially with technology now making contact with anyone around the world possible in just a few seconds) and we all do it... trust me, everyone does it at some point. Yes, this is a moment of weakness, but eventually you will learn to let these things go because it is not good for you. Of course it isn't easy, but I wouldn't be talking about this in a post about strength if it was! The day you finally learn to leave certain events and memories in the past where they belong is such an empowering feeling! That, to me, is true inner strength.

Something else that takes inner strength (which would be where I really connect this to the point of this blog and my story) is realizing when you need to make a change in you life. Sure, that can be to finally delete you're former best friend's number from your phone, but what I really have in mind is accepting that you need to change a few not so great habits in you life. When I think about how I used to eat it churns my stomach. I seriously didn't care at all, and although my eating habits are by no means perfect, I made (and recently remade) a change in myself to stop eating so horribly. I also never exercised... seriously not at all. When I was at my heaviest I did not exercise one bit. I still have to make myself do it on some days truthfully but I always feel so amazing afterward (as mentioned in my last post haha). Truthfully I cannot say why I just woke up one day and decided to make these changes, but to me it took a lot of strength inside me. To recognize that what I was doing was toxic to my body and that I really would feel so much better once I changed these bad habits.

With any positive change in your life the feeling that washes over you is an indescribable feeling. Seriously it feels as if a weight has lifted off your shoulders and you can breathe fully and deeply again. I am finally getting there and losing weight again. I feel very excited and optimistic for Friday morning's weigh-in for the first time in forever because I know I am doing well again, and truthfully it feels great. That number on the scale of course does not define me as a person and I know that, but it is just a reward for having a strength inside me for making changes and getting back on track.

Overcoming any obstacle, whether it be to get healthy, cut a negative influence out of your life, or (like me earlier) push yourself through a tough workout, it requires strength. Everyone has it inside of them, the important part is to find what releases it. You won't be sorry!

Thank you as always for reading loves, and if I can inspire even one person to find their inner strength for either their own weight-loss journey, or to make any kind of change in their life, it would mean that I have made an impact, and that means the world to me!

You May Also Like

0 comments