My Meals for the Day

by - April 02, 2016

I know I know... I was doing so well there for a while keeping up with updating my page here, and time got away from me again. As promised a few posts ago I wanted to take at least one post (most likely more in the future to compare/contrast) to dedicate to a meal plan, so here is what I did:

I actually documented my day's worth of meals probably in early March (yes I know I have been slacking quite a bit here!) but I thought it might be fun to share what I eat for meals and maybe inspire other ideas, I even have pictures!


Meal #1: Breakfast
-Luna Chocolate Coconut Almond Protein Bar
-2 Cups Strawberries
Calorie Count: 280
I usually have a pretty small breakfast. Truthfully I am just not that hungry in the morning, but you should always make sure you eat something to start the day out. This is usually a go to breakfast for me. Some sort of meal bar or cereal with some sort of fruit. It is enough to hold me over a while and at the same time it isn't super filling.

"Meal" #2: Mid-Morning Snack
-Applesauce Pouch
-Water!
Calorie Count:60
I usually have a small snack about 2-3 hours into my work day (this is typically about 10 a.m.) to hold me over until lunch. And I try to have at lease 32 oz of water down before lunch as well. Always remember to stay hydrated! I try to drink two of these bottles a day, that makes 64 oz and that honestly is not that much in my opinion.

Meal #3: Lunch
-2 Multigrain Rice Cakes
-2 Tbsps Peanut Butter
-D'Anjou Pear
Calorie Count: 380
Okay, I will admit that on this day my lunch was a little lighter than usual. I sometimes just feel like a lighter lunch, but other days I bring salads or sandwiches or other typical lunch entrees, but this is just what I felt like today.

Meal #4: Dinner
-About 10 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
-3 Tbsps Caribbean Jerk Marinade
-150 grams Boiled Red Potatoes
-1 Cup Boiled Fresh Green Beans
-About 0.5 Tbsp Salted Butter
Calorie Count: 703
Okay so I clearly made up for my light lunch with dinner! Lots of calories here, but pretty filling and not many empty calories. Yes and you did see that right that I listed butter. I put just enough to put a little flavor on the boiled potatoes. To me that is very important when "dieting" to add flavor so you are not bored with what you eat. That goes with the marinade as well. If you change it up you won't get bored. I typically eat a bigger dinner and have lighter breakfasts and lunches, so this meal really shows that.

"Meal" #5: Dessert
-2 Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp Bars
Calorie Count: 220
Yes I probably should have skipped these, but I have little control when it comes to chocolate! Guilty as charged!

Later that night once my big dinner had digested a bit I went to the gym and had a pretty nice cardio session. Usually when I get home from the gym I have a protein shake so that brings us to the next...

"Meal"#6: Protein Shake
I am not going to list all of the ingredients for the shake I had here, but I chose tonight to try out a new recipe I found on the beloved Pinterest! It is called Cake Batter Protein Shake. Here's the link if you were interested in it: Cake Batter Protein Shake
Calorie Count: 185 
I really liked this new recipe and will most likely make it again. It tasted just like it is described it would! It was the perfect no guilt reward after a nice workout. I figured I would share a silly picture of me enjoying it as well! Haha

Total Day Calorie Count:1,828
Total Day Calories Burned:3,450 (This is according to my FitBit account, so both my daily movement and workout are factored in)

Every day obviously differs and meals change daily as well. They have to or you will be bored out of your mind, and that is what leads to binges a lot of the time. I still could tweak my meals a bit but I think I am doing pretty well too! It is all about finding what works for you. I know I sound like a broken record saying that all the time, but it really is so true! 

I hope to do this again soon too! Maybe show things I am doing different or the same. As always that you so much for reading! 



You May Also Like

0 comments