Keeping Your Momentum/ Trusting Yourself

by - October 17, 2016


I know, I know… I am a bad blogger and haven’t updated in over a month! I am not going to make excuses at all, life simply got in the way and the blog took the back burner, as did my weight-loss (in a way). My weight has pretty much stayed the same lately… which, I mean I will take over gaining any day, but I had hoped I would be down a bit by now, especially with the holidays coming very soon. Am I going to beat myself up over this? Of course not. I don’t do that anymore as it truly does no good. Today is a new day! With all of that being said, I want to offer probably (to me) my most important and useful piece of advice as far as weight-loss goes on this page: Do your very best not to lose momentum.

In my opinion, that was my biggest mistake. I was doing so well and on a very good track at losing weight for quite a while. I let life get in the way and I started back tracking, and now that I am trying to get back on track and get myself healthier again, I am finding it so hard to do so. Whatever clicked in me the first time around that I went so hard and was so dedicated, I just can’t seem to get to click again with the same intensity. I think that’s normal though… once you lose momentum it is so hard to get going again (and not just with weight-loss).


Before closing out this post there is one more thing I want to mention. One thing to remember about losing weight or really any big change in your life… that is to do what works for you! I know I dedicated an entire post to a similar message in the past, but with anything you do like this there is always going to be at least one person insisting to you that you have to listen to their advice if you’re going to succeed. NO! Just because something works for one person does not mean it will work for you. I had a dear friend giving me advice about my ongoing struggle, the good kind of advice though, not the insisting of how to do it kind. He said that even if you only lose a pound a week that is still progress… and that is SO true. If one pound a week is what you are capable of, well that is still progress and never let anyone tell you differently. I don't doubt that these people have anything but your best interests in mind, may it be a family member, friend, or even a colleague... but that doesn't mean their advice will be solid for you. Trust yourself among all others.


One of the most frustrating and to be blunt, annoying things a person can do is tell you exactly what you should be doing to lose weight (or whatever else you may be trying to achieve), or that you’re not going at it hard enough, or that you are not trying hard enough. You know you the best and never let ANYONE tell you that you’re not doing something fast enough. Work at the pace that is best for you. If that means baby steps then so be it! I am sitting here writing this on my lunch break from work, eating my healthy lunch I packed last night (A turkey sandwich with thinly sliced cheese on flatbread, cut up raw carrots, celery, and peppers with light blue cheese, an apple, and pretzels… in case you were wondering), and that to me is a start in the right direction. I cannot speak for tomorrow, and I cannot change yesterday, but right now I am doing pretty well, and that is the pace that works for me.


As always, thank you for reading. It truly does mean so much to me.


You May Also Like

0 comments