Change

by - August 28, 2016


First off, I want to apologize for taking so long to update my blog here. It has been a little over a month since the last entry, honestly I have no real reason for that, I guess the page just slipped my mind a bit with all the events of summer. One more thing, I just want to thank everyone that read, liked, or sent me messages about my past entry. With 166 views it is my most viewed post yet....yeah I know that isn't a lot of views compared to some, but to me that is a huge deal! So glad it was the post about Petrina as well!
Today I wanted to write about change. Change can be a very scary thing. There was a point in my life I absolutely hated doing anything new, talking to anyone new, anything like that. I HATED it. I want to ask you all reading this one thing though, where would you be today if it wasn't for change?

Think back about your school pictures in middle school. I feel like middle school is the universal awkward stage for kids. There is just something about that age, age 11-14ish, that kids are in the process of finding out exactly who they are... and trust me that stage lasts for years. Think back for now just strictly about your appearance during those ages. I had hair that was actually similar length to it is now, a part right down the center of my face, that I hardly ever brushed and it was a wild mess. I didn't wear an ounce of makeup, and was a bit of a tomboy. Not that there is anything wrong with any of that, but my point is that I am so so different from that now. I honestly wish I knew where those school pictures are so I could share. Not just in looks though, I was so very different then as well. I was always a shy, stressed kid, and I am not like that as much anymore. I have so much more confidence now and don't let myself get stressed out as easily. In that 10-13 year span I am a completely different person in some ways.

Change is inevitable. It truly is just a part of life. From changing our appearance, to our personality traits, even to changing the people in your life. In my opinion, as I have mentioned in other posts, the past is best left in the past anyways. Breakups, losing friends, changing jobs, these are all things that really are just a part of life. Now I by no means am saying that people that leave your life do not deserve second chances, but sometimes people leave your life, new opportunities come up, and many other things are only opening more doors for you. One door opens while another closes.

Change is a great thing... looking back on what my eyebrows looked like about 2 years ago, I am really thankful for change! :-P In all seriousness though, don't be afraid of change no matter how difficult letting go is sometimes. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. We don't always know or ever find out exactly what that reason is, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. One person leaves your life only to make room for someone even greater that will help you in ways you couldn't possibly imagine. New opportunities arise only for you to grow. That does not mean that some things will never change in your life though (I am in fact listening to Justin Timberlake as I type this out... something I would have done at 8 years old too!). Just embrace everything life throws your way!

Speaking of change, I want to end this post with a kind of segue into my idea for my next post. Since I haven't really been having any luck losing weight or sticking to the method I used the first time around to get back on track now, I decided to try something different this time. Tomorrow starts my second week with the ever so popular points system for weight loss. I think in another week or so my next entry is going to be my first impressions of this new method I am trying out. Just a heads up! :-)

As always, thank you for reading! <3

You May Also Like

0 comments