Love Appreciation

by - December 07, 2017

The holidays are right around the corner and with that comes a lot of activities. Shopping, parties, baking, the list really goes on and on. I know I personally need to do some shopping still and am panicking at how little time there is to do it all! With all the craziness going on I think it is important to think about why we are going through all the holiday madness. It is a time to celebrate all the love and appreciation we have for the ones in our life. My key word there is appreciation.

My blog here is no stranger to appreciation. I have posted about appreciating life, and even the last post I wrote was about giving thanks for the blessings in our life. I want this post, however, to be a bit different. This time of year is all about showing the ones we love just how much we appreciate them. I am hoping to really encourage anyone reading my words to do just that. Scpecifically about people we appreciate instead of appreciation in a more general sense.

Have you ever just sat and thought about a specific person you are really close with and wondered how anyone could have let them go? Knowing about their past and friends or someone else in their lives that suddenly just walked away? I feel like the most common example of this would be thinking how any of your current romantic partner’s exes could have possibly let them go. This can be said about friends as well. You sit and wonder how crazy those ghosts of their past must have been to let this wonderful person get away. Someone you just cannot picture your life without. Someone that picks you up when you are down. Someone that knows how to make you smile when it is the last thing you want to do. Why in the world would anyone not appreciate that as much as you do? I have had this thought about people in my life before and still cannot comprehend how someone would want to willingly let them go. A lack of appreciation for someone really can be the downfall of a relationship.

Take some time this holiday season to think about all the people in your life you genuinely appreciate. Friends, family, coworkers, etc. even someone who is more than one of those things at once. Anyone in your life that you truly couldn’t imagine your life without them there in one sense or another. Go out of your way to show them how much you care. I know the holidays can be expensive. I don’t necessarily mean buy everyone a fancy gift. You can make gifts, give them a card with a nice message inside, or even just tell them. A little can go a very long way. A few weeks ago one of my bosses at work out of the blue told me how lucky he and my other boss were to have me on their team and that they really appreciated the hard work I have been putting in. Just a few simple words was enough to put a smile on my face and know my work was paying off. It is as simple as that. Just simply letting people know you care about them.

The holidays are such a great time to show the ones you love you care but any time of year is great for this as well. Just as I said before it doesn't take much and you never know how much it will mean to the other person. We should never take the ones we love for granted, because you never really know when they may be gone. Do not become the person who let them get away. Show the person you care and I am willing to bet they will absolutely return the favor right back.

Thank you so much as always for reading. I appreciate you all! ;-)  My next post is due to be posted on the week just before Christmas. I will do my very best to make that happen, but since it is such a busy week, it is possible I may have to postpone it until the following week. Either way I think a nice reflection of the past year would be nice! Until then!

You May Also Like

0 comments