Frustration

by - September 16, 2018

To be completely honest, I almost forgot to write today. Something so habitual for me and I still almost forgot. I would say the reason for that would be because I have been experiencing a bit of writer's block. I feel that a lot of the topics are repeats of previous posts. In most cases that is perfectly fine. Ideas and thoughts evolve overtime, so of course my new take on an old topic would be fresh. To be quite frank I have been just a bit frustrated with my lack of ideas. Today when I remembered I needed to write, I figured why not talk about just that. Why not use my current feelings and share them with you.

Frustration can come in many forms. You can be frustrated with your personal life, friends, work, etc. We all experience it. We all have things in our lives that build frustration. That is a very good sign. If you are experiencing frustration about something, it only means that you care or are passionate about it. If I didn't love to write this blog, a lack of ideas wouldn't bother me too much. If I wasn't passionate about it I would simply not write every week. The frustration stems from my desire to write. Think about what may be causing your frustration at the moment and really think about why it is causing you to feel this way.

People in our lives can really frustrate us as well. I know I have had people I love act out in certain ways that lead me to feel an incredible amount of frustration. The best option is to talk to them about it. Do not let it sit and stew. Unaddressed feelings like that only build up until an explosion. Talk to the person causing frustration in your life. We will never be able to truly know what is going on in someone else's head, so sharing your thoughts may help open that door. I can think of a number of people that have caused me frustration in my life. They all have one thing in common. I care about them. If I didn't, their behavior would not bother me to that point. Take that as a sign of needing to work out your differences. Do not lose someone because of a lack of communication. 

As I am typing these words more general causes of frustration are coming to mind. I am not going to type out a list. I do encourage you to write out a list for yourself. Take some time and list all of the causes of frustration in your life. Think about why they are causing this emotion. Think about how this can be fixed. Maybe you are feeling underappreciated at work. Make the decision to talk to someone about it. If that is not an option, maybe it is about time you start looking elsewhere. Maybe a friend is treating you poorly or taking advantage of you. You should mention your feelings to them and talk things through. Think of all the possible solutions to your list of frustrations. Unfortunately sometimes the best solution is to completely distance yourself from the situation. An extremely difficult thing to do, but essential if there is no other option.

Frustration is going to lead to stress and we all know how bad stress is for us. As someone who used to deal with stress poorly, I know how important getting rid of it is. Going through life frustrated and stressed out is simply existing. We do not truly live until we say goodbye to these toxic emotions. Nobody can cut these out completely. It is important, however, to try and distance ourselves as much as possible. When they do pop into our lives we then know exactly how to get past them. I was feeling frustrated with my lack of creativity. What do you know here we are at the end of another post. I guess I didn't have a very big case of writer's block after all!

You May Also Like

0 comments