Being Thankful

by - November 25, 2018

Well another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I do hope you all enjoyed yourself on the holiday! I sure did. I have plenty of really healthy meals planned for next week and even have two training sessions scheduled this week with my personal trainer. Although I let myself enjoy the holiday and all the yummy food that comes with it, I am fully ready and looking forward to getting back into a much healthier routine this week. I figured I would continue with the post I did last year for Thanksgiving. I wrote a post listing all of the things I was thankful for that year and I think making that an annual tradition would be a wonderful idea. 

First and foremost I am so completely thankful for all of the people in my life. Every year people come in and out of our lives, and some even return. I am at a point in my life right now that I feel perfectly content with all the people that are in my life right now. Friends come and go but the true ones will stay through thick and thin. I am so thankful that I still have such a close friendship with Danielle after we reunited last year. I am so thankful that I am so much closer with Nicole now. I am very thankful that Stephanie and I are still best friends even if we are busier with our lives right now and don't get much time for each other any more. That is to just name a few. Between friends, family, work friends etc. I could not even try to list all of the people in my life that I am so incredibly grateful to have. People come and go in our lives for a reason. It is the ones who stick around that show us just how loved we really are. 

I am incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to keep my passion alive with this blog as well. Sure this page is more of a hobby than anything, I never had any intention of this page blowing up, I have always just done it for me. I see the number of viewers every week and it makes me very happy that people are reading the words I put so much into. Sure some posts do a lot better than others. Usually if I am reviewing a book or a product. The Oola Tea review I did a few months ago still gets views weekly, but really that has never mattered to me. I have always said if one person randomly comes across my page and I can help them in some way with my words, that would mean the absolute world to me. I have always loved writing and am incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to keep that alive weekly... even if it is just for me.

I am still very thankful for the growth I continue to instill in my life. I want to continue my tradition of doing an end of the year reflection this year so I won't go too much into detail right now. Over the past year I was able to establish a much more steady blogging schedule. Not just a blogging routine though, I have also been able to get into a much better routine for my health. Sure, the holidays are going to mess that up, but getting right back on track whenever I have been able to is the most important. I have grown overall in so many different ways. I am so thankful I have been able to hang onto that and to keep my chin up even when the results weren't exactly where I wanted them to be.

Just like last year I want to encourage anyone reading this post to think about what they are thankful for. A lot of people have already done this on the holiday, but if you have not, take a few minutes and ponder. Even if you are really down on your luck right now I am sure there is something you can think of that you are thankful to have in your life. If for some reason there is something that you are thankful for but need to focus on a bit more, do just that. Call that friend or family member that you may be neglecting. Eat a few healthier meals during the week. Maybe even do a random act of kindness and give someone else something to be thankful for. I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving, and I just wanted to end this blog by saying how incredibly thankful I am for you for reading. 

You May Also Like

0 comments