This Post Fills You With Determination

by - December 02, 2018

This past Monday I finally went back to the gym. It had been three weeks exactly since the last workout I had and I decided to jump right in and schedule a training session with my personal trainer. I honestly struggled through the entire thing and couldn't even finish the entire workout. To say I was sore the following days would be a huge understatement. It was honestly insane to me how much my body changed just in those three weeks. Now I understand that three weeks is a big chunk of time on one hand, but on the other it really isn't. I have been doing training sessions for months now and gaining muscle and such during those months. All that time dedicated to progress and a wisdom teeth surgery knocked me back down a couple of pegs. Pretty crazy right?

Fast forward to Thursday when I had my next session. I honesty was not expecting a whole lot. I had been fairly busy at work this past week so I was a little stressed, Christmas shopping and budgeting usually stresses anyone out, and my legs were still a bit sore from the session on Monday. I pushed through and was able to complete the entire workout and even do a couple extra rounds of kettlebell swings and kettlebell high pulls at the end. The funny part is I left that workout in an amazing mood. All week prior I was in a funk from everything around me. Nothing major, just a bit more tired than usual and not as much pep in my step. As soon as I pushed through and was determined to finish my workout I got myself right out of that. 

Moving forward I am absolutely determined to never go that long without working out again. I was honestly amazed at how difficult that first workout was when I finally got back. Sure there will be weeks where I don't make it every day I plan to and I am sure there will be weeks here and there that I don't make it at all. Life happens, of course some things are unavoidable but I will most definitely do what I can as often as I can in the future. 

I am going to sound a bit out of character for my page for a second here, but bringing this up has a very good tie in. Last summer when I was unemployed I used to watch live streams on Twitch during the day. I came across someone playing a game named Undertale and instantly fell in love. Maybe the fact that I have never actually played the game is problematic in calling myself a fan, but to be honest I have not played too many video games since I was a teenager. Even then I was never really good at them and lacked the patience I needed to succeed in a lot of them. I have always been more interested in the storylines rather than the gameplay which is why I will watch streams. Undertale is no different. It really is such an intricate story with very charming characters. There are a ton of secrets involved and even multiple ways to play the game. The reason I bring this game up, however, is because of the theme that runs through the game no matter how you play it: Determination. 

Determination is not only mentioned at the save points in the game with little messages such as "playfully crinkling through the leaves fills you with determination," but is a constant theme throughout the entire game. There is even a song on the soundtrack named "Determination" as well. Now why do I bring this up you may be wondering. Well in order to finish any angle of the game the player must have determination to finish. That can be said about really any goal in your life. Just like the save point in the games anything can be filling you with determination. If I had checked in at a save point at one point last week it probably would have read "the intense soreness in your legs fills you with determination." I am now very determined to get right back onto my gym schedule that I was in before because of how much a break changed my body. My pain only offered me more of a drive to push through. Find a goal that is worth your time and desire and you too will be filled with determination! 

If you have a passion for something, you probably have some determination to reach a certain goal involving this passion. Find that determination and let it guide you to that goal. We should all be determined to reach something in our lives. Find your save point and see what fills you with determination and move forward! I always sign off on my posts by encouraging my readers to take action in their lives. You may have a gym related goal like me, you may have a career goal, a hobby goal, etc. but you will never reach these goals without determination!

You May Also Like

0 comments