Celebrating 100 Posts: Reaching Milestones

by - January 20, 2019

I am pretty excited to say that this post is officially my 100th post on this page. In some ways I feel like it flew by and in others I feel like I took forever to get to this point. Either way it is a milestone and I am going to celebrate it!

First I want to reflect on how much has changed since I first opened this page back when I was fresh out of college looking for work. Back then I was pretty scared for the future. Back then I was a much different person. To say I have grown through these past years would be an understatement. I know it sounds so cliché to say but I almost wish I could talk to that girl today. As I said I was a new college graduate with absolutely no idea where to start looking into my future. I was not only worried about the financial aspect of things but the fact that I was backtracking on my weight-loss was pretty stressful as well. I was scared and confused and I really only started this page as a way to hopefully put my English degree to good use and write what I knew at the time. This page has become so much more than that. If I could show that girl the person I am today I might have not been so scared.

I don't want to spend this entire post reflecting on the past. As I mentioned already I consider this 100th post a milestone I am reaching. I feel that milestones are absolutely something to celebrate and to look back on what got you there. I have mentioned setting and reaching small goals in a previous post, and yes this is similar but not exactly the same. To me, the small goals are simply stepping stones that lead us to the big milestones. Take this one for example. Every goal with this page I set and reached for myself was a small step to this milestone. 25, 50, 75 posts helped me reach 100. Setting the goal to post every week was also a means to achieving this. 

All of your small goals are eventually leading you in the direction of the big ones. If it is weight-loss I mentioned setting small goals so the bigger picture doesn't seem so unachievable. I personally set my first goal to be 30 lbs, then 80 lbs after that and so on. All of those are on the track to achieving my overall goal weight. Every pound lost is a step to the big milestone that is your goal weight. 

I stand by what I mentioned in the past as far as setting small goals goes. I personally believe that is the biggest chance of success because the big picture is broken down. One might see needing to lose around 170 lbs as a huge deal. Breaking it up that way makes it far less intimidating, and reaching the milestone of that 170 lbs lost is that much more exciting!

For everyone that has been following my blog through these years: Thank you! If you read every week, once a month, or have only ever read one post on my page I appreciate it very much. Knowing I just may help someone along the way of this hobby of mine makes it that much more special to me. Thank you for helping me keep the passion alive and giving me the drive to reach this milestone of 100 posts. Here is to 100 more!

You May Also Like

0 comments