My Final Thoughts and Results on Whole30 Round Two

by - April 21, 2019

First of all I want to wish you all a very Happy Easter if you celebrate! Sure it is a holiday but I am still sticking to my blogging schedule. Since it is Easter that means that I am officially finished with Whole30. I kept Whole30 going for a total of 48 days during lent. I wanted to dedicate this post to sharing my feelings on the second round and of course my results. I have a lot of results to share both on my feelings and the physical measurements and weight as well. 

First off I wanted to talk about my personal feelings during Whole30 this time around. A lot of the sites I read said that the second round was typically harder than the first. I personally felt the complete opposite. I had a way easier time sticking to the meal plan this time around. Temptation 100% was all around me though. Stuffing the Easter baskets for my niece and nephew and little ones for my bosses' kids was a pretty big temptation with all that candy. Overall though it was pretty easy for me to ignore. I made sure I had a ton of Whole30 approved foods in the house to snack on whenever I needed. I would say preparation is key to being successful. I always made sure I was prepared for my week so temptation really wasn't too big of an issue for me.

Overall my body feels great too. I have been sleeping better on most nights and I had a lot more energy. A lot of the time I have next to no energy at the beginning of my week at work. We are talking almost dozing off at my desk type of low energy. That never happened once I started doing Whole30 again. I have been having extra energy at the gym too. Besides one day where I decided to take a day off I have been completely sticking to my gym schedule and I have even been going to the gym on Saturdays for 6 weeks now. I honestly think part of that was the extra energy I felt while doing Whole30. I just feel great when I am eating so much healthier like this. For the most part I really didn't crave bad foods either which is amazing for me.

Now for the good part, the actual results. Whole30 is a lot about the non scale victories. I will share my actual numbers in a little bit, but there were clear signs of non scale victories as well. I recently noticed how much better my clothes have been fitting. I am wearing my one pair of pants for work in this shameless bathroom mirror picture. I noticed a week or two ago just how much extra room I had in those and all of my other pants. I figured I would show the extra room I have in my pants now as a visual for my results. These pants were also a little snug when I started back in March. That's a pretty sure sign that you are losing weight. As I mentioned before the overall way I was feeling are non scale victories too, but now for the fun part. In these 48 days I lost a total of 21.5 lbs. I also made sure I took all of my measurements and I lost a total of 8 inches from all over my body. My waist was down 2 inches, chest was down 3 inches, thighs were down 1.5 inches, abdominal area was down .5 inch, and my arms were down 1 inch. My BMI went down 2.9 too! Not bad at all!

I had a great experience on Whole30 the second time around and would still highly recommend it. It is pretty restrictive so I am going to say it is not for everyone. For example if you are a vegetarian there are not a whole lot of protein options since you cannot have soy or beans. If you are looking for a way to get healthier though I would highly suggest you do some research on the program. I love the way I have been feeling eating this way. Way more energy for both every day life and at the gym, sleeping a lot better, and even overall just in a much better mood. I am enjoying myself today on Easter having a lot of the things I haven't been on this plan, but I fully plan on jumping right back into it during the week. Moving forward I plan to keep up with a version of a Whole30 meal plan. I will treat myself sometimes but during the week especially I plan on continuing with it. If you are looking to try something new why not take a shot?

You May Also Like

0 comments