Self-Sabotage

by - September 01, 2019

I have been dealing with a pretty nasty chest cold ever since Wednesday. High fever, a headache, body aches, coughing, the works. I am not totally out of the woods, but I am going to power through with my cup of tea with lemon and honey. With that being said I am sure it is no surprise that I pretty much spent yesterday in bed. I took a lot of naps, but I also watched a lot of Youtube to pass the time too. There was some drama going on with one channel in particular. I am not going to go into that whatsoever. Quite frankly I don't want to bring it any attention or have my page be associated with it at all, but it inspired my topic for today. It got me to thinking about self-sabotage.
So what do I mean when I say self-sabotage? Well, it could honestly mean many things. Let's start at the beginning. I think it is safe to say that everyone lies at some point in their life. Yes, lying is wrong and I by no means am encouraging anyone to be a liar. I am sure everyone has told a little white lie here and there in their life though. Most of the time it is to spare someone's feelings or even to protect a surprise you have in store for someone. But what about the lies we tell ourselves? Or what about the lies we tell about ourselves to prevent seemingly protect our self? Who exactly is that protecting? What is the purpose of those lies? 
I think a huge example of this would be with our diets. I have done it myself before, and I am sure it is incredibly common to tell a lie about something they ate during the day. The same could go for the gym as well. Maybe you skipped a day but told your friend you went. The only thing this prevents us from is hearing a potential lecture from our loved one. The real truth of the matter is that is only hurting you. Sure, your loved ones care about you and want you making good choices but it's still solely affecting your health. Is my diet perfect and do I never eat things I shouldn't? Absolutely not! I never claim to be perfect especially when it comes to my relationship with food. I have always stayed pretty transparent with my readers on that. What is important is recognizing that and knowing you need to work on it moving forward. Lying about it is just going to sabotage yourself even if you think you're getting away with it.
There are bigger ways of self-sabotage as well. Lying is pretty much the driving force behind all of it. So I want you to take some time and think about the choices you make in life and with the people you love. Are you making the best decisions for you or are you doing what you need to do to truly stay happy and healthy in life? Manipulating others around you for your own personal gain leaves you with what? Really sit and ponder on that before you answer. To me it pushes people away. It eliminates members of your support group. It angers people when you play around with their emotions. Maybe you gained something temporarily but in the end what did you actually win? A great example that still fits the theme of the page would be TLC's My 600 lb Life. The episode always begins by giving the viewer insight on how the person of the episode ended up where they are. A lot of the time you see that the person is actually mentally abusing someone into providing them excess food. So where exactly does that get them? Usually with said person despising them/afraid of them. It also brings them closer and closer to an early death. This is exactly why it is called self-sabotage! Nothing good comes out of this!
Clearly this was a topic I felt pretty strongly about as I have knocked out this post in no time at all. I find it so sad to see anyone that behaves in self-destructive ways while manipulating anyone they have the chance to along the way. Do not do this because you only hurt yourself. Okay maybe you had a candy bar on your break at work, and it put your over your calories for the day. Don't lie to yourself or others about it. Openly admit it and in the same breath vow to try harder tomorrow. Maybe you are feeling hurt about something in your life. Let those feelings out to someone you are close to but don't sit on it for the most convenient time to mention it. Nobody is perfect. We all deal with things differently in our lives. Do your best to make decisions that are the best for you, but that are also not hurting others in the process. Your mental and physical health will thank you for it when you are living your best life!

You May Also Like

0 comments