Making Adjustments

by - August 23, 2020

 Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! I am sure some of you noticed that I took last week off of blogging. My nephew made his First Communion, so I decided to take the week off for that. During the ceremony, however, I was thinking about all the adjustments we have all been forced to make over the last few months. From masks in church, to hand sanitizer instead of holy water when you enter the church, it was certainly a different world being in a church during a global pandemic. Adjustments have been made overall pretty much everywhere.

I know, in a lot of ways I am sick of thinking about and talking about this pandemic right now. It still very much is consuming our everyday lives no matter how hard we are trying to get back to normal. In a lot of ways these precautions just are normal at this point, but they weren't for a while. Think of all the little things you are doing differently now than you were in 2019. I have to wear a mask when I am not at my desk at work. At first I thought this was going to be a pretty big nuisance to remember, but now I pretty much just do it without even thinking anymore. Hand sanitizer is usually applied as soon as I get back to my desk or in my car after I have been in a store without thinking about it whatsoever. Habits are formed pretty easily when we need to work them into our routines. All of these habits are formed from making adjustments just like this.

So let's stray from the pandemic here. There are plenty of other ways we make/can make adjustments in our lives under more normal circumstances. A great example would be with our diets. You may feel you need to change things up because you just are not feeling as good as you could be. I mentioned in my last post that I have been having problems digesting dairy and have mostly cut it out of my diet. That would be an adjustment. I personally have not been making the best choices with my diet lately. I think a lot of people can agree with that during this whole quarantine phase of 2020. It has been so easy to not make the best food choices during all of this for a lot of people but now is the time to recognize that and fix it. I am, and probably always will be, a work in progress. Find one aspect of your diet you can clean up and go from there. Make adjustments your body will thank you for.

Another big one is exercise. If you have an active lifestyle you certainly had to make a ton of adjustments to your workout routines during this crazy year. I know some people that have thrived as a result of this and others, like myself, that have struggled. I am excited to get back to the gym, but also extremely nervous for obvious reasons. Luckily my trainer is going to monitor how busy it is and let me know. We are going to adjust my programs based on that. If the gym is too busy, it will be a home workout but if not I will go to the gym and try not to pass out while working out with a mask on. Either way it is possible to work around almost anything if you make adjustments to your new circumstances. Working out from home, outside classes, online classes, there are a ton of options. Enough excuses (myself included) just get it done!

Overall I would say this year has taught us all just how important making adjustments and being flexible truly is in our lives. Every single one of us have had to make them over the past six months in some capacity. You may have had to cancel/postpone a big event you had coming up, or even if it was something as small as not being able to go to your favorite restaurant or store for a while. We are all doing the very best we can and that is the most important part of life. No one is perfect, you should never strive for perfection. What you should strive for is doing the best you can with what you have. As long as you are doing that, you will get through 2020 just fine!

You May Also Like

0 comments