Go on Adventures

by - October 11, 2020

 Happy Sunday! I hope we are all doing well and hanging in there during spooky season! I have said it every week basically but I pretty much love this time of year! I have made two kinds of soup today, and even baked an apple pie since we have so many apples from picking last weekend. I hope you all are enjoying the Fall in the best way you know how too! If you don't have Fall traditions like we do, I think today's post might be for you! I want to talk a little bit today about being adventurous and trying new things.

Trying new things can mean anything from trying a new food to going on a thrilling new adventure on a vacation, and everything in-between. I personally love to try new things, even if I am someone who really does not like change all that much. I think this global pandemic has forced a lot of us into taking on new hobbies, experimenting with new foods in the kitchen, or just in general this new way of life has turned our normal routines every which way but up. I started baking homemade bread from home and I did a lot of reading in the process. I am sure in some way you took on some kind of new adventure as well if you were stuck at home for all of those months. Let me dive into a few more examples here.

Are you a picky eater or an adventurous eater? Overall I would say I am a pretty adventurous one, and I personally think that is a great thing to be as it opens your palette to a big variety of foods. Now I understand we all have different diets and dietary restrictions that can hold us back sometimes, so I of course am not telling you to go out and eat something that will harm you, but if you overall are just a picky eater it might surprise you what new foods you just might like. I was just talking to my mom recently about how I used to despise eggs with runny yolks, but now I eat them almost every day. I used to drink wine that was so sweet it was pretty much just grape juice, but now I enjoy wines that are drier than that. Our taste buds grow and evolve as we age, so I am betting there is something out there that just might be your new favorite if you give it a try. 

What about activities? As I mentioned a little earlier why not jump into a new hobby or experience you otherwise may not have ever done? I personally used to hate poetry. Reading it, writing it, revising it. In high school and college I really hated the poetry units. In college as an English Major we had to take a Shakespeare, Chaucer, or Milton class for a requirement all of which, if you are not familiar with, wrote in verse. I ended up taking the Chaucer class strictly because I knew how easy the professor was. Fast-forward 6 years and I read Paradise Lost by John Milton on my own just for fun and I loved it. Pretty ironic if you ask me! Not only do I read poetry for fun now, but I write it as many of you know as well and have been published in a few different places now. If I have let my preconceived notion about poetry cloud my vision forever, I would not have one of the things that brings me a lot of joy in my life now. I highly encourage you to take a second look at these kinds of things in your life as well because you may be missing out on so much.

Overall I don't think life should be boring ever. If you eat the same exact foods all the time you could be missing out on your new favorite dish. If you don't take any changes on new experiences you just might be missing out on a new love in your life. Heck all of our parents most likely were very nervous and scared to be new parents, but if they didn't look past that then we wouldn't be here today. Life is meant to be lived and not just observed. Take some chances and go on new adventures when you can. I can almost guarantee you will thank yourself for it later!

You May Also Like

0 comments