Green Chef Review

by - January 31, 2021

 Happy Sunday all! Wow I honestly cannot believe yet another week has passed us by. I am sitting here and my meal prep is done, laundry is going to be going in the washer soon, and a loaf of bread is in the oven. As I have said so many times before in the past, preparing for the week ahead, especially with food, is so very important. It is a lot easier to stick to your meal plan when everything is ready to go. I planned on doing this post a few weeks ago, but when all the craziness ensued in the US I just did not have it in me to write a post that seemed so unimportant in comparison, but it is about time for something lighter today! Today I want to do a review on a meal kit delivery service, Green Chef.

I have to start this review with a shoutout to Danielle who gave me the code in order to get these kits for completely free which was great. It gave me the ability to try out a kit I might not otherwise and doubled as an idea for a new review for my blog, so thanks Danielle! If you are not sure what Green Chef is, it is a meal kit delivery service. You pick the number of meals, servings, and select what meals you want out of a good number of new ones each week. Basically they ship everything to you and it is all pre-portioned and put together for you with an easy recipe. The biggest thing these kits do is eliminate your trip to the grocery store, or at least it cuts it in half. Most of the kits have a little prep work to do before cooking, but nothing excessive, and everything is portioned out exactly. I am sure you have seen a million of these kits before, it is similar to all of those. Pictured in this paragraph is the ingredients for the taco bowl I ordered. everything is portioned out, and most of it was already chopped and ready to go. Every kit comes just like this.

So what are some perks with Green Fresh? As I mentioned before everything comes portioned and a lot of the prep is done for you already when you get in. Pictured here was a salmon with kale, beets, and a nice lemon caper sauce on top. In that whole kit the only real prep work I had to do was to chop the kale and capers, everything else was chopped and ready to go. On a long day after work and especially if I go to the gym the last thing I want to do is make a dinner that is a million steps. I am usually tired and hungry at that point so the quicker the better. A lot of the time that means I grab something already made, or I make something really simple like a pan fried piece of fish and microwavable steamed vegetables. Those are fine choices sure, but being able to have a meal like this with just as much effort is awesome on a busy week night! I honestly loved having some variety during the week because I have been incredibly bored with food lately eating the same old things.

A weekly kit sent right to your door every week with pre portioned meals prepped for you to cook, so what are the cons? Well I would say overall it was a great experience. One place people may have an issue with is the price in my opinion. Depending on your financial situation spending that much money may just be out of your budget. The kit I ordered was 4 meals, each for 2 servings and that would cost around $105 per week. Honestly that is around how much I spend on groceries for the entire week and that includes food for all 3 meals and snacks of the week. So overall it is a bit more expensive than I am used to. I can see that being a problem for some people, me included when my expenses go up in a couple of months. Honestly though that is really the only negative thing I have to say. Out of all the recipes I tried I liked every single one of them and I tried brand new thing I have never tried before. For example in this picture is B
arramundi fish with a mango salsa, lime slaw, and carrot fries. I had never heard of this kind of fish before and I ended up loving it! Especially paired with that bright citrussy slaw and salsa. 

Overall I loved this meal kit! It was great to just be able to pull the kit from the fridge, do a bit of prep, and have dinner ready after 30 minutes. The selection was great as well. From burgers to pasta to vegetarian dishes. I am sure out of all the options they give you every week you will be able to find something that caters to you and your family as well. The meals have a great variety, usually healthy options as well. Sure one week I got a pork burger recipe (which I pictured here) but it only called for a little oil on the potato wedges and in the pan the burger was fried in, and a little cheese was on the burger. Still a much better option than a greasy fast food combo meal I am sure! Overall my experience with Green Chef has been a very positive one and I have been loving the recipes I have tried. Great food, fast, easy, and it eliminates time at the grocery store, I say that is a great experience!

You May Also Like

0 comments