How Can You Change the World?

by - June 27, 2021

"I am just looking to hopefully change the world through my love of writing and my positive attitude." This sentence has been in my bio of this blog for years now. Ever since I decided to focus in on a different topic for this page, since some of you may remember that this started as a weight-loss blog, that has always been right there in the corner to the right. So why bring it up now? I have been thinking lately of just that. Changing the world. How can I, Amy Maier, 29 years old (and rapidly approaching 30, or at least it feels like it) living just a normal life. Responsibilities, hobbies, routines, etc. There is nothing all that phenomenal about my life, and I say that in the most positive way possible. You may be reading this thinking the same thing. How can me, average joe change the world, and I think that is a pretty simple answer.

I think before we answer the question we need to dive into why it is being asked. Why does the world need to be changed? I am going to do my best not to dive into politics here, because I really do not want to go there, but a lot of these topics have become political. If you take a look around you, things may seem fine on the surface, but you are one of the lucky ones. We have people living on the streets. Homeless and hungry. We have children being put into horrific situations that even grown adults would not be able to live in. We have women afraid on a daily basis doing daily tasks. There is so much darkness and loss in this world and it genuinely is so sad to see that some live with such abundance while others have nothing. Some get to live their lives unpunished for committing horrible crimes while others are punished unreasonably for lesser crimes. Evil truly does roam this earth more than it rests.

So why do I bring all this up? What can we all do? The truth of the matter is we of course cannot all singlehandedly change the world. Even if we all worked together I doubt it sadly would be possible. Life is about balance and I suppose the sad truth is that if we never experienced pain or sadness or suffering we would never truly appreciate the good things in our life. We can all strive to be better people though. We can all stop focusing solely on our lives and our needs and our suffering. This world would be an incredibly lonely place if the only person living on it was you. So sure you may not be able to change the world yourself but you absolutely can do your part to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

My entire point in bringing this up is to share my thoughts on truly changing the world as much as you can. We all have hobbies and talents and ways we let our true selves shine in this life. Maybe you love to paint and write like I do. Take my blog for example. I do not have a large following. Only about 8 official followers and I do not get too many views. I have always said and still stand by the fact that I write these posts for me and the hopes that someone stumbles around them that needs them. If I have helped anyone in their struggles that means my job here has paid off. Sure I am truly not changing the world as a whole on this page, but I may have changed one person's world and that to me is a win. If you don't focus on the bigger picture, it is much easier to see how you can have an impact. 

What do you truly enjoy to do in life? Do you like to paint like me? Share your artwork with the world somehow. Maybe you don't get a while lot of attention for it but I guarantee you will bring a smile to someone's face with it. If you write like I do share your work! Post that poem you have been working on where a friend may enjoy it. Even if you do not have any creative hobbies, do what you can to put a smile on someone's face today. Look, we have all had such a difficult year and a half. I do not know a single person that isn't struggling to some extent at this point into the pandemic, even if it is getting better in most places. Be a little kinder to one another. Show a little more love to one another. Work together because a small chain of kindness can have an amazing outcome for this cold, dark, world we all share.

You May Also Like

0 comments