What I am Thankful For 2021

by - November 21, 2021

Well here we are again. Another year is rapidly approaching it's end and we are at the end of yet another November which means Thanksgiving in America is just around the corner. In four days to be exact! If you celebrate, every year for quite a few years now you might remember that I like to take the Sunday before and write about the things I am thankful for. Yes, I know this page has taken a back burner this year. Part of me is sad about that, but the other part of me is happy I decided to take my mental health seriously and do what I needed to do to keep it in check. I am getting off track here though! Every year I take this post to reflect on the things I am thankful for, and I wanted to make sure that even though I am not posting as often here, that I still do that! I am encouraging you to do the same. Sure the turkey and pies are great on Thanksgiving but I think it is important to remember the entire purpose of the holiday as well.

I think this year especially I am thankful for my health, both psychical and mental. Now when I mention my mental health it typically just means I have been extra stressed from work and having some anxiety or I have been watching the news too often and feeling a little depressed about the state of the world. I want to acknowledge that I am very lucky in that department and I know there are a lot of people, especially in the world we are living in at the moment, that are struggling a lot harder than I am. But with that being said I want to remind you all that if you are struggling no matter how big or small, that matters and you should take it seriously. I had a lot of big changes this year and given all of that I think I have been doing very well. I am thankful that I am able to recognize when I need to turn off of the world for a little bit and recharge. I am thankful that I am in the place I am today.

I am also thankful for what 2021 brought as a whole! I will revisit this topic for my year-end post, but I wanted to take some time in this post as well. 2021 has been such a fruitful year in my opinion, even if some of the events in the world as a whole have not been as great. I saw best friends marry the loves of their lives. My other best friend not only started a new job this year but her precious little son turned one. I moved into my own apartment and took such a huge step forward in my life finally gaining my own full independence. I found a new love of watercolor painting which has been a wonder for my mental health as well. I continued to write here when I could but also write poetry as well. I also found a new love of silent movies and have watched as many Charlie Chaplin films as HBO Max had available. I have a new love of classical piano music as well and that has helped me relax so much. Overall 2021 has been a pretty decent year and I can't wait to dive into that a little more at the end of 2021.

As always the most important thing I am thankful for this year is the ones I love. Sadly this Thanksgiving families all over the world might have one less person sitting to enjoy the meal. I am thankful that my Thanksgiving table will be seating the usual seven. I am thankful for the relationship I have with my family because I know some are not as lucky. Sure we are family so we do not agree or get along 100% of the time, but at the end of the day we would all be there for each other no matter what. I am thankful for all the people in my life outside of family. For friends, even the friends I no longer keep in touch with as much as I would like, for just every last person in my life that has impacted my life. I am Thankful for all of you!

I hope you also take some time this week to reflect on what you are thankful for. Spend just a moment to count your blessings. I am guessing that even if you are not in a great place right now, you can think of one or two things at the very least to be thankful for. I know I have a lot in my life to be thankful for and just that alone also makes me thankful that I have a blessed life. I hope I am able to remember that on the days I feel a little off. All it takes is a few moments to reflect on your life and what about your life makes you feel grateful to be you. With that being said I will end here. If you celebrate I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving! I will see you soon!

You May Also Like

0 comments