Stop Looking for a Magic Answer!

by - July 01, 2014

Okay it is that time again that I spill my stories on the internet for all of you to read. I've already covered finding motivation and having a strong support system behind you so the next step would be finding a way of doing things. Now I think we all know how many different crazy diet systems there are out in the world. Everything from only eating one type of food to cutting out any kind of carb imaginable. Let's be totally honest here, who in their right mind is happy eating that way? I will be the first one to admit I would probably have a nervous breakdown if I couldn't have carbs ever! I am by no means saying these systems don't work nor am I saying that they do, but when choosing a diet plan there is only one simple fact that one should keep in mind and that is to choose something that works for you and that you will be able to stick to.

I feel like one of the most frustrating parts of starting out a new way of eating right is if results are just not coming. I will be perfectly honest and say that the first thing I tried actually ended up working out for me but from what I hear most people do not have success with their first attempt. There are so many different ways of keeping track of what you are eating. From counting points to counting calories (to many more), these are all ways in which you can keep track of what is going inside your body. Everyone deals with these things differently and everybody's body is completely different! That being said, even if a lot of people have had success one way, does not necessarily mean that you will! My advice to you is to not be discouraged and just keep searching until you can find a system that works for you!

One really important thing to remember upon starting a new lifestyle is to start slowly. If you go from pretty much taking no care into what you're eating straight to eating nothing but rice cakes and carrot sticks for lunch, you're really only setting yourself up to binge later. Cheat days are a must as well (I will dedicate a future post to cheat days)! It is completely unrealistic to expect yourself to just completely cut out the things you are so used to eating on a daily basis! Heck, I still eat certain things I shouldn't from time to time and I've been doing this for over a year! Set realistic goals for yourself and don't expect to loose a large amount of weight right away (a realistic goal is about 2 lbs a week!). Keep calm and just stick it out until you find something that works for you!

Right off the bat I decided to track my calories with an app I have on my phone. This is something that really worked for me and I still have a lot of success with, but I also know people that flat out say counting their calories does not work for them. There are so many ways to go about this but one fact is universal with every single diet system: You must exercise! Sure eating right will cause weight-loss, but the fact is that diet AND exercise are the key to getting to and maintaining a healthy weight.

The bottom line is that nobody can ever provide a magic answer to how to lose weight! Only you can provide the tools and answers for yourself. Don't get discouraged if results do not show up right away and don't have way too high of expectations! I promise that taking things slowly and taking the time to find the best system to fit your lifestyle will reward you with the results you're looking for.

You May Also Like

0 comments