Self Love

by - May 12, 2016

I have come to realize some things over the past few weeks, and I want to just share my thoughts. While pondering this post I realized that my page here really has taken such an unexpected turn here and really, it isn’t just about diet, exercise, and general weight-loss tips as I has originally intended. I am totally happy about that really. Life is all about growth and change and I genuinely have changed so much just in this New Year.

 My weight-loss isn’t really on the schedule I was hoping it would be at this point of the year, but really I am fine with that. These past few months, really the number on the scale hasn’t changed much but I am okay with that. I do want to get down to a healthier weight, but it is not the number one thing on my mind as it has been really for the past three years. I have found a new comfort in my skin. I am who I am and I have learned to appreciate that. Learning to accept your flaws and appreciate that they are what make you, you is such a freeing and enlightening feeling! As long as you are happy and healthy who cares about these things? There are many people who love you for who you are, each and every part of you.

I realize a lot of this is a repeat on a few of my past entries, especially the last one, but happiness is just so important in life. It is so easy just to give in when things get a little rough. I have done it many times, I really think everyone has. Nobody can be strong all the time. “Even the sun sets in paradise,” is a pretty well-known phrase, but my favorite addition to that quote is “but it always rises the next morning.”

Over the past few months, more specifically the last few weeks, I have learned so much about myself and have been through some things that taught me a lot. The best approach to anything that gets you down is to take a little time to grieve and then pick yourself back up and shine even brighter than you did before. It really does seem that once you start doing this everything starts to fall into place. Take life at a comfortable pace for you, don’t rush anything because quality takes time. Isn’t a quality life what everyone wants? Don’t put so much pressure on one aspect of your life. You’ll neglect other things in the process on top of driving yourself mad.

Good things really do come with patience, and honestly exactly when you least expect them to come along. Take some time every morning to enjoy your coffee listening to a song that makes you happy. Don’t let life pass you by because you’re trying to rush everything and not taking time to love yourself. Like I said in my last post, do you. Take some time for a hobby that makes you happy (my makeup was on point today… just saying haha), tell your loved ones you love them, catch up on that television series you haven’t had time for (yes Mom that was a dig at us!). Focus on being happy and don’t put pressure on things you can’t change. Everything will fall right into place the way it should once your gaze away.

Before I end this, I do want to say I do plan on picking back up with the posts about weight-loss and such with my next entry. I have an idea for the next post and my next recipe entry already (not sure which will be first). If you’re still reading my entries thank you so much! I appreciate the support from every single one of you. I love being able to just express my thoughts the way I do and if just one person stumbles upon one of my entries and ponders my words, that’s enough to keep me going.  Until next time loves!

You May Also Like

0 comments