5 Tips For a Happy and Full Life

by - June 01, 2016


Looking back on the past few months, I realize just how much has went on, and all the things I have been through since the beginning of 2016. There have been both ups and downs, and not too long ago I realized just how much I have changed and grown. Truthfully this post is going to be more for me and writing down my feelings and such, but I have a little plan for the end (I am sure you can figure that out based on the title), and I suspect this post may be longer than the others.

Life really does have such a funny way of playing out. So many different emotions flood through every single day we live. I have been on an emotional roller coaster not just the past week, but a few other times these past few months for similar reasons, and today it finally just clicked in me that there is a reason for that. To be completely honest, people sometimes just really, really suck. Humans by nature are very selfish creatures. We a lot of the time take nobody's feelings into consideration when we make decisions in our lives. Now don't get me wrong, our lives are ours and the way someone feels about the way we live it really shouldn't matter, but wrecking havoc on a person's emotions in the process just isn't right. But it happens quite a bit so we have to get used to it.

After going through something like this very recently, I actually have never felt so at peace with the person I am and truly happy with myself (I know this is sort of sounding similar to a few past entries). Through everything I have learned just how much I appreciate myself and that I deserve nothing but the best. Positive thinking is really a magical thing. It truly is amazing how just having positive thoughts really impacts everything and everyone around you. Not too long ago I really wasn't all that positive. I would dwell on things for so long it was ridiculous, until someone came into my life that told me to stop this. They told me to always try and stay positive at all times and have positive thoughts always. “Don't give in to the darkness,” is an every day saying for them. I really am thankful for all this awesome advice I have been given. It has truly helped me more than they will probably ever know.

So with all of that being said, I want to present a small list of five things to do every day in order to live each day to the fullest:

  1. Stay Positive at All Times—As I just got done saying, staying positive truly does have such an impact, and I bet the people around you will notice as well. Never let negativity take over and suck the energy out of you every single day. It is hard to stay positive at times I know this, but if you can find even the smallest silver lining in any situation it will make a huge difference.
  2. Drink Plenty of Water—Staying true to the real nature of this blog, drinking water helps your body in so many different ways, seriously go ahead and look it up! Staying hydrated not only makes you feel better physically, but it (at least for me) really does perk up my mood completely as well. It is one small thing that your body will thank you for!
  3. Never Settle—We all do it, I promise you, sometimes without even realizing we are. Lately I actually didn't even realize I was until today. You deserve everything your heart desires. Do not settle for the first thing/person/job (I could go on and on) that comes along simply for fear of the unknown. There is a plan in motion for you, let fate take its course and play out. You never know what you could be missing out on because you are with something that is comfortable.
  4. Find and/or Practice a Hobby—I have an entire previous entry dedicated to this. You should always find time in your busy day to do something you love and that makes you feel great. I obviously like to write, read, and as mentioned before I love experimenting with makeup lately. Make time fore you! That is seriously SO important.
  5. Healthy Habits—This is a very vague step, but is one of the most important. Truthfully, all of the previous steps mentioned are healthy habits. Start making small switches in your meals to make them healthier (hint hint next post), find a positive quote to go out of your way every day to say, I really could go on and on.

To all of the people from my past that have hurt me: Thank you. Thank you for showing me exactly what I want and do not want in life. Thank you for showing me just how precious my time is and that I need to be more choosy about whom I share it with. I honestly have never felt so enlightened in my life than I do right now. Thank you for making me feel in that moment that I was not worthy. All of that only taught me just how much I deserve in life and to go after it.

To all of the people who have done nothing but love, care for, and support me: I truly love you all! I know I do not need to mention names here, but I would like to let all of you know just how much I appreciate each and every one of you. Especially those of you that always read my entries here! Thank you!

You May Also Like

0 comments