Confidence is Key

by - June 09, 2016

I am going to go back to being Miss Suzy Sunshine here and once again spew my newly found positive attitude onto my page. Most of my previous entries that have focused on being positive have been all about loving yourself and focusing on you. What I think all of that boils down to is confidence. Confidence is such a difficult thing to come by. Everyone has insecurities in life and honestly I think if someone tells you they don’t, they are probably lying. No matter how big or small, they are present, but the most important thing is how we choose to deal with them.

Weighing over 300 lbs for a lot of my life, as I am sure you can bet, took a toll on my confidence. Quite frankly I didn’t have any. I was the type of person who would mostly sit in the back of the class hoping the teacher wouldn’t call on me (even in college until I finally started getting a bit better about this in junior year) or would make myself look busy in public so nobody would approach me. Am I fully past that? No way! I would never claim to be! But I have come so far not just because of my weight-loss, but in life in general as well.

Honestly, being shy sucks. I was almost painfully shy up until a few years ago, but mostly I truly started to come out of that a few months ago. Someone pointed out to me that always being shy was no way to go through life and that life is all about taking chances. I have come to realize just how right he is about that.

There are so many little things you can do to give yourself a confidence boost. Surprisingly, working out does that for me, no idea why considering I am a hot sweaty mess when I get done, but it does! I have been pretty bad about going to the gym lately so I need to get back on that and boost my confidence. Another easy way to give yourself a quick confidence boost is to put on that favorite outfit that you just love the way you look in. Wearing that one shirt, dress, pair of shoes, (etc.) you just absolutely adore can give a great confidence boost! I also know that when I am particularly fond of the way my makeup came out in the morning you cannot bring me down that day! Well… that may be a bit of an overstatement, but it honestly does makes me feel really good. This picture is just from a few days ago. I had to take a picture because I loved how my makeup came out (I mean that highlight is almost perfect!) I think I am really improving! It truly is amazing how something so small and that only takes up maybe 20-30 minutes of my time can make me feel so good about myself.

Give yourself a break! Life doesn’t have to be so serious all the time! Even if your weight-loss isn’t progressing as fast as you’d like, even if you’ve gained some back, even if you are not in the pants size you want to be in yet or don’t have your ideal “summer body” (trust me I fall under all of those categories). Think of the positives in your life! Think of all the things you do have going for you and never let another’s words get you down and make you question your worth. Take some time each week (or even more often than that) to count your blessings… really think about what you have in your life that may seem trivial to you, but to others could mean the absolute world.

Although loving yourself and confidence are very similar and thrive off of one another, they are different things. Having confidence is very hard, I know this. But once you become more confident people start to notice. I decided to lose weight because of my health but soon after my confidence slowly began to bloom. I finally felt like I could be proud of the person I am... although I wish I could tell the girl I was before, however, that it was okay to be confident then as well. Your size and the glowing number on that scale do not define you. Today I am the most confident I think I have ever been and that is because of all of the blessings in my life. Is life perfect? Of course not. I really don’t think anyone’s is, but don’t sweat the small stuff! Just because everything doesn’t always go right doesn’t mean you should feel any less good about yourself! Try your best not to let life get you down!

You May Also Like

0 comments