Healthy Recipe: Mediterranean Salmon

by - May 21, 2017

I am posting a little earlier here than expected, but quite honestly I was planning on doing this recipe of mine on my page already, and I was really craving it for dinner so I decided why not? Like most of my other recipes, this one is something I just randomly tried one day for dinner and loved so I have made it a bunch of times. Mom loves it too!


Mediterranean Salmon

Ingrediants:
-Salmon (a single serving piece, your choice on the size)
-1 Red Bell Pepper
-1 Bag of Spinach
-Feta Cheese (I used fat free with herbs, but you can choose any kind you'd like. Trader Joe's has really yummy light feta too!)
-Cooking Spray
-Seasonings of Your Choice (I kept it simple with just salt and pepper)

First:

Put a frying pan or cast iron skillet on your burner over medium heat. Spray the pan with a bit of cooking spray and let it heat up. While the pan is heating up, cut up the red pepper into small diced pieces. Once your pepper is diced, the pan should be hot enough to add your pepper. Let the pepper cook until it is just soft. You can add salt and pepper to the pan now if you wish.
Second:
Once the peppers are cooked, add the entire bag of spinach to the pan on top of them. The
pan will look very crowded, but if you have ever cooked spinach before, you will know that it shrinks way down. As the spinach is cooking, stir it a few times to not only ensure it is cooking evenly, but to also mix the peppers into the spinach. Once the spinach is fully wilted, take the mixture out of the pan and put it aside.


Third:
Put your burner up to medium/high heat as you season your salmon. You should also preheat your oven to 350 degrees at this point. Season your salmon however you please. I just used salt and pepper, but sometimes using lemon pepper or garlic salt is nice as well. Once your pan has had some time to heat up, add your salmon to the pan skin side down. It is important that the pan is really hot so the skin gets crispy. I personally do not eat the skin, but I know some people do and it is preferably crispy (right Mom?). Cook the salmon to the doneness you prefer. I personal like it well done, and cooked mine about 5 minutes on each side. If you like it pink, cook it a bit less.

Fourth:
Once your salmon is cooked to your liking, turn your burner off. Take your spinach and pepper mixture and carefully place it on top of the salmon. You will probably have a bit left over and will not be able to fit it all. Once you have the spinach and peppers on the salmon, top it with your feta cheese. Once everything is on top, place the skillet in the oven and let it bake for about 7 minutes. NOTE: If you did not use an oven safe skillet, transfer your salmon into an oven safe dish before putting it into the oven.

Fifth:
Take your salmon out of the oven after the cheese has softened a bit and transfer it onto a plate. The only thing left to do now is enjoy!


I hope you all enjoyed my next healthy recipe! I will keep them coming! :-)

You May Also Like

0 comments