Healthy Recipe: Grilled Peaches and Greek Yogurt

by - June 25, 2017

I wanted to finally incorporate a new kind of recipe onto my page here and by that I mean a dessert! I also put a nice summer spin on it. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and figured why not? So here it is, my very first healthy dessert recipe.

Grilled Peaches and Greek Yogurt

Ingredients:
I purchased both the honey and peaches at a local farmer's
market.
- 1 Peach per serving (make sure they are just barely ripe)
- 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- Honey
- Young Living Lime Vitality Oil

First:
Light your grill and allow it to heat up. I used about medium heat, but you know your tools best. While the grill is heating up, cut your peaches in half and remove the pit and stem. This honestly wasn't that easy, and if your peaches are too ripe you will probably smash them in the process. Use a towel or paper towel to pat them dry and spray them with a tiny bit of cooking spray and put them aside.

Second:
Put a few tablespoons (depending on the number of servings you are making. I would guess about a tablespoon per serving) in a small sauce pan on the stove on low. Add a few drops of the lime oil in to taste (I used about 3 drops in a total of 2 servings). Stir and allow the honey to just warm up and loosen on the stove while you are grilling.

Third:
Grill the peaches! Start them on your top rack (if you have one) just to be sure they do not burn. I actually ended up finishing them on the bottom closer to the heat, but because of the sugar content in the peaches, they will burn SO fast so just be careful. I suggest just eyeing them during the entire process and stay close by your grill. My peaches took about a total of 5 minutes to get just a bit charred. Once you have some grill marks on the fruit, take them off the grill and turn it off.

Fourth:
Assemble your desserts! See how easy that was? I plated mine with 1/2 cup of the Greek yogurt. Then I cut each peach half into halves and placed those on top of the yogurt. Then just drizzle everything with the lime honey and enjoy!

The lime in the honey give the dish just a little bit of extra flavor that really pops with the sweetness brought out when you grill the peaches. I was thinking of adding a little dash of cayenne pepper to the honey as well for that nice sweet and spicy contrast. Maybe next time! This recipe could be made for a nice healthy breakfast as well. I hope you enjoyed this recipe and I am going to brainstorm more dessert ideas as well! 

You May Also Like

0 comments