Making Positive Changes

by - July 15, 2017

I have already once before wrote on my page here about Change and changes, but I wanted to do somewhat of a sequel to that post. Instead of just changes in general, however, I wanted to address the changes we purposely make in our lives in order to better ourselves or even something we know will have a positive impact on our lives.

Anyone reading this who knew me as a teenager is going to remember probably quite well what my bedroom looked like in those times. Posters literally covering every inch of my walls. Well up until a few days ago it still looked like that. I decided that since I have this free time right now as I am still avidly searching for a job, I would use my time for something productive and for something I have always thought I was too busy to do. So I started taking down all the posters and every single little staple I put them up with (I am really cursing my teenage self for that one). It has not only been something to take up my time after I job hunt for the day, but also something I felt was a good positive change to make for myself. Your bedroom should be a place of peace and calmness… well I finally felt that hundreds of pairs of eyes on posters really wasn’t the definition of calm. I am making this change to something that has been the same in my life for all these years, because I think it will have a positive impact on my mood and emotions. Finally having a calm place to relax and rest.

Another positive change one can make in their life is to cut out negative people. I am not really speaking from current experience on this one, but this topic was mentioned in a book I am currently reading (and planning on reviewing for my page here). Someone negative in your life will have a negative impact on you. They are toxic and will always bring you down in some way, shape, or form. The funny part is, you probably won’t even realize they are effecting you in this way unless you really take the time to consider it and figure it out. Don’t be afraid to recognize this and make a change for the better.

In my original post about change, I talked about how change in life is inevitable, which it is. Seasons are always changing, technology is always changing, the weather is always changing (although I wish it would change more here lately and stop raining). Those are changes we cannot aide or stall, but there are so many changes in our lives that we chose to make. We have the power to make anything in our life more positive and to cut out the things that may be preventing that. There are so many ways to change your life for the better, the only thing left to do it make them.


You May Also Like

0 comments