Be The Bigger Person

by - June 13, 2017

I think one thing that everyone can agree on is that some people in life really just suck. Not the most delicate way of putting that, but I think it is the best word for it. The last few weeks have been pretty emotional for my family and me (well last few months really, but I am thinking of current times for the sake of this post), and when I am emotional, I write. It is time for a new post anyways so I can stick to my schedule, and I figured why not post about what has been on my mind directly and put a positive spin on it. Not only for the readers, but for myself as well.

Very early on with my blog here I wrote a post similar to this, Daily Struggles and Negative Nancys. I mentioned more specifically about people that are purposely trying to get you down and that are trying to put a negative spin on your progress/happiness. My thoughts in that post still stand, but this post is a little different. I don't want to be as specific when referring to negative people in life. What I really mean is that no matter where you turn it seems there is someone doing something horrible, cruel, or even just completely selfish not really caring abut how it may affect someone else. It seems sometimes this is completely intentional while other times it isn't, but regardless that doesn't change the outcome it may have on another's life. I am sure if you sit and ponder this for a bit, someone will come into your head... It could be someone out of a history book, a kid you knew in grade school, or someone you know right now. I would be willing to bet you have someone on your mind.

It is so hard to just sit back and keep your mouth shut when someone is doing this, especially when it is being done to you or someone you love. I am sure anyone going through that is envisioning plenty of things in their head involving that person or even more likely thinking of choice words you would like to say to them. Trust me I can completely relate... my biggest piece of advice is to not give them the satisfaction. Trust in karma. Be the better and bigger person.

It is so easy to let another person get under your skin so badly that you want nothing better than to just blow up at them. That is most likely going to do far more harm than good though. Just go on with your day as if it isn't bothering you at all, dare I say even be friendly toward them? If you fire back at them, all you're doing is fighting fire with fire and that just burns everything down, we do catch more flies with honey right? Trust me, in the long run you are not being a fool by doing this even if it may feel this way at the time.

I decided while talking to my mom in the car the other day that I am not going to let what we are going through currently ruin how far I have come over the past year or so. Setbacks come and go in life just as negative, hurtful people will as well. Life isn't always rainbows and sunshine, but it doesn't have to be doom and gloom either right? Be the bigger person because the bottom line is that all of our lives end up the exact same way, the only difference is at the end of the road, not everyone will be content with how their life was lived (and depending on your beliefs, you may not end up where you want to be in the end either). Treat people (even if they have wronged you) how you want to be treated and just trust in karma.

On a completely unrelated note, I wanted to let you know that a new recipe is in the works for my page. Something very different but still healthy. I also am reading my next book to review and am very excited about it. I am going to keep this page running as normally as possible despite everything going on. I am no longer going to let my dreams and passion go on the back burner because life got in the way.

As always, thank you for reading and for the support! :-)

You May Also Like

0 comments