50 Post Celebration: A Reflection

by - October 10, 2017

My last post marked the 50th post on my page. I wanted to do something special for my 50th post, but realized as soon as I posted the last entry that I actually missed that. So I decided to make this post, my 51st post/entry, a celebration of my blog and what has become of not only this page, but myself as well over the course of those 50 posts.

I started this blog back in 2014. I was right out of college and as I think everyone right out of college is, I was feeling a little lost. I had spent 17 years of my life in school. Deadlines to meet, presentations to stress over, reading over 100 pages of a novel for my next class… I had done this for so many years I wasn’t sure how not to. Quite honestly I still feel weird about the fact that I don’t have homework anymore. I started this page as a way to still give myself writing assignments (in a sense) but also to hopefully help someone along the way as I have mentioned before.

This page started off as strictly a weight-loss page. I had success and wanted to share my methods and advice. I limited my page to just this which caused me to lose interest in posting. I had gained weight and at the time felt like a failure. I felt like I would have been a hypocrite giving anyone weight-loss advice. I enjoyed sharing my progress and tips, but it really wasn’t my true passion.

Over the last two years this page became more dedicated to positive thinking and positivity, and while I do still offer “weight-loss” advice, it isn't my sole dedication anymore. Someone I hold very dear in my heart helped me see the light and become a completely positive person, and once that happened I wanted to do everything I could to share this feeling with the world. As I have said many times before, this page has never been about followers and viewers. I always say that if this page helps one person in the entire world, I consider that a job well done. 

I have grown so much along with this page and continue to do so. Since changing my approach to this page along with my attitude, I doubled the amount of total postings in just over a year. I have dedicated myself to a posting schedule and have been sticking to it. I am hoping to up that over the next year, but with a new job and still recovering from losing my last job, every two weeks has been perfectly manageable for now.

When I sit back and reflect on the growth of this page and myself since I started it back in June of 2014, I truly am amazed. I was shy, reserved, and painfully quiet (at least at first). Fresh out of college and the thought of a serious job interview absolutely horrified me. This past summer I went on my fair share of them with ease and confidence. Back in 2014 if I had went on as many interviews without a job offer as I did this year I would have been very discouraged. Instead I only looked at them as practice and landed an amazing job in the process. I truly believe now that everything happens for a reason (I know I say that all the time). The change within myself was (in my opinion) only reflected throughout the many posts of my blog here.

For anyone reading this, especially to those of you that have followed along for the whole ride: thank you. Thank you for living through this amazing transformation both with blog and soul. Thank you for reading this reflection. Thank you for giving me the inspiration to write 50 posts… and here is to many many more!

You May Also Like

0 comments