Happiness Is...

by - October 23, 2017

Happiness is a topic that I would say can be connected to many previous posts of my page, but I wanted to take some time to dedicate an entire post solely to it. I don’t think people realize just how much happiness affects our everyday lives, both in positive and negative ways. In a way, everything we do is a direct product of happiness (or a lack thereof). If we are happy or not, this is always going to affect our lives and the choices we make. Everyone wants to be happy in life. How silly would someone sound if they said they didn’t.

One of the first things that can be anchoring someone down is negative/ bad influences in their lives. I have spoken about this before in a previous post, Daily Struggles and Negative Nancys, but I don’t exactly mean this in the same way as I did in that post. If the wrong person is in your life you may not even realize they are bringing you down. It could be a friend that is always talking about her/his life and problems but never asks how you are doing. It could be someone that influences you in terrible negative ways most likely so they have someone to suffer with. There are so many possibilities that could fall under this category. Sometimes they are easy to recognize, and sometimes they are hidden.

My biggest piece of advice is to cut these people out of your life, or at least distance yourself from them. It is completely okay to do this. If someone is having a negative impact on your life and your happiness, you should feel no shame in doing so. Humans are naturally jealous creatures… although I suppose envious is the better word for it.  We see something someone else has, and we want it. That is a pretty normal thing. Some people, however, take it too far and try to destroy it for the other person or are happy when it falls through. Those are not the type of people that I would want in my life. If someone like this is trying to wreck havoc on your life why keep them in it? The Oola books (Dave Braun,Troy Amdahl) helped me see just how true this is.

Bad habits lead to unhappiness as well for very obvious reasons. I have talked about forming healthy habits on my page before, but with the need to form a healthy habit an unhealthy habit exists. Having sweets after every meal, skipping your daily intake of water, biting your nails, the list can go on and on. Doing your best to eliminate them and substitute them for better things in your life. Instead of lounging on the couch after work, go for a walk or go to the gym before you get home (something I myself really need to do myself). Instead of a brownie after dinner have an apple… so many habits can easily be replaced with good ones.

The most important part of my post about happiness is that happiness means something different to everyone else. Happiness can also mean one thing to a person today and something totally different on the next day. Happiness to me is singing along to the radio on the way to work (especially singing the harmony to a song and it sounding like we should be performing together... and probably a song I have been listening to over and over again for days now).Happiness is not worrying about how I am going to pay my bills since I have such a decent job now. Happiness is blending my eyeshadow to perfection. Happiness is seeing a beagle that looks like my Baby Angel and a flood of happy memories come to me. Happiness is snuggling with my yorkie, especially when he is being quite. Happiness is laughing with old friends about memories from when we were kids. Happiness is reconnecting with a best friend from the past. Happiness is pursuing my passion on this page even if it is only for a few readers. My list could go on and on and on.

Happiness really is the key to life. Life is too short to be mad, upset, and miserable all the time. Cut the things/beings from your life that may be preventing happiness and fill that hole with all the good things that make you smile. Everyone has a bad day from time to time, it is inevitable, but the good ones should outweigh the bad. If you are not living a happy life then are you really living the fullest life you can?

You May Also Like

0 comments