Beautiful Influences

by - November 07, 2017

I don’t think the average person realizes just how much the people around them matter in life. I have posted about how negative people can affect your life, and I have even talked about specific special people in my life such as Trina, Stephanie, and a general post about my support system, but this post is going to be a bit different. I want to take some time to talk about how people influence our lives and how we may influence others without even realizing it.
I am sure you can think of plenty of people off the top of your head that have influenced your life. Most likely a parent or sibling, possibly a friend, or even a public figure. Whomever it may be, there is a reason they have influenced your life. Their strength, their perseverance, their kindness… anything that makes you want to be a better person yourself or helps you finally overcome some of your inner hurdles.  Maybe their strength inspires you to deal with a difficult situation yourself. Maybe their view on life helps you see the light and live a much happier life. Maybe their dedication to a healthier lifestyle and seeing their results helps kick your own progress into gear. There are so many ways that people can influence our lives.
Talking about the people that influence our lives seems like the obvious discussion for this post, but I also wanted to talk about the way we influence others. I never thought about this before until it was told to me quite recently, but I am willing to bet we all influence others. I can sit and think of plenty of people (especially one in particular) that have helped me see the right path to the person I am today. Maybe it was encouragement from them to become the person I am today. Maybe it was observation that inspired me. It doesn’t matter why I was influenced by the person, what matters is I was… but I never even considered that I could have influenced their lives just as much as they have mine. I always say that my goal of this page is to hopefully help even one person that may stumble upon my words during their path. Hoping I will help someone somewhere in the world, and being told I have are two very different things.
A lot of the time people are also influenced in passing. Think about it… Have you ever witnessed someone performing a random act of kindness and it made a big impression? I am willing to bet most of us have. I don’t need to go into specifics but most likely the stranger you witnessed doing something completely inspiring had no idea you were even watching. The person that impacted your life, if even for a few moments, had no idea. Chances are you have influenced someone’s life this way as well, and maybe that should even be a little mini lesson, to always act as if someone is watching, because you never know when someone just might be.
If anyone has been influenced by my words on my page, thank you. I feel so blessed that I have finally been able to keep up with this page as much as I have wanted (maybe even more frequent in the future). With this post I will most likely hit over 5,000 views total of my page and that is amazing to me. 5,000 times my links have been clicked on and my words have been read. To just think that I could have helped someone out that was in the same place I was when I first started this page is an amazing feeling. To know I have influenced at least one person’s life is an incredible feeling, so I hope to continue to do so through my love of writing. If my passion can help another person find the self-love and happiness that I have through this journey, then it makes every second I have spent on this page worth it. Thank you all for making the time worth it and for staying with me. You have all influenced me as well!

You May Also Like

0 comments