Patience in Life

by - April 22, 2018

So many things in life take patience and so many of us are lacking in it. I know I have a problem with patience sometimes. When I am stuck in traffic and just want to get through the next light. When I am really hungry after a workout and my meal still has to cook. When I buy tickets to see Niall Horan 9 months before the concert and we are still months away(ugh)! Just silly little things in life like that cause us to be impatient, but I think there are plenty of big things in life that need patience as well, and many of us lose patience when waiting for them to happen.


Weight loss is a really big example of this. I know I would love to be down a little more than I am right now. I have been working hard, going to the gym 4 days a week now, eating as best as I can (but not perfectly of course, my diet still needs some work but I am working on it all the time), and am only down about 20 lbs since the beginning of the year. A lot of people would have gotten frustrated at this point and given up. Many people would have fallen right back into their old ways and habits simply because they are not seeing the results they want at the pace they want and think they should. I have been guilty of that in the past I will admit. If you find yourself in this place and mindset you need to take a step back and realize that things take time. Everyone's body is different and you will lose weight at the pace that is right for you. Be patient. If you are doing the things you need to in order to be healthier, the results will come to you if you stick through and be patient.

Patience isn't only important in weight loss either. So many aspects in life take patience. All of the great things in life do not come to us easily and a lot of the time do not come when we really want and expect them to. Rewind to about 2 years ago and I was very new on my positive journey that I am still on now and in a very different place. I was working a different job that at the salary I was making could not even consider moving out on my own. Back then I was really wanting to be in a relationship and finding love. I saw people my age around me doing all these things and was getting frustrated because I couldn't have them. I finally found patience and positivity. I am now on the road to finally moving out on my own. Buying items I will need first and have a solid plan for myself to do so. I have a plan in motion so I am fully ready instead of just rushing to be out on my own and struggling. I now also know that love can't be forced and that the right person will come along right when he is suppose to. No sooner or later than that. I have realized that my life is my own and I need to be patient in order to live the happiest life. I am being patient and waiting for my life to go exactly like it is planned to be.

Your life is entirely your own and all the things you want will come to you at the time it is suppose to. Stop reading statistics on weight loss and realize that your body will lose it at the pace that is right for you. The best things in life are worth waiting for. Stop letting the jealousy you feel for what others around you have affect all of the thoughts you have about your own life. I know some things are very hard to be patient about (trust me I still get very impatient when I am stuck in traffic on my way to work) but the big things are more than worth being patient for. They will make the reward that much sweeter in the end, and you can look back and realize you knew this great life was exactly what was coming for you. Instead of rushing and settling, you had the patience to wait for just what was meant for you.

You May Also Like

0 comments