A List of Thank Yous

by - April 08, 2018

Not too long ago I wrote a post about the beautiful influences in our lives. The people in our lives that influence us in a positive way and the ones we have a positive influence on as well. While I was driving a week or so ago I got to thinking about all the people in my life that I should thank for one reason or another. Some for very obvious reasons but others for surprising reasons. I wanted to dedicate this next post to all of those people. The ones I want to thank for so many different reasons. Think of it as the Thank You Notes that Jimmy Fallon does on his show, but not in a comedic way.

First of all thank you to all of the people in my life that have stuck by me no matter what. No matter who you are, life has its ups and downs. The people that stick around during the downs make celebrating the ups even better. In my case, I have both friends and my family that fall under this category. I am very lucky that I have such supportive parents and a sister that has my back no matter what. I won’t drop any names but there are also friends that have been by my side during thick and thin as well. It is easy to be a friend to a person during the good times, but it is never easy to stick by them during the bad. Thank you to those that have. Thank you to my family that has as well. No matter how nuts we drive each other sometimes, I know we'll always have one another to depend on.

Thank you to the friends that are there even if we have not stayed in touch in a long time. I think everybody has certain friends that they go months and sometimes even years without talking to or seeing, but when they do see each other again it is as if no time has passed. They are always there no matter what as well and when I need them the most. I can think of a handful of people that fall under this as well. Even if we haven't spoken in a while they are always there.

Thank you to the new people in my life as well that act as if they have been around forever. The people that even though they may be newer in my life, they feel like they have been here forever. A person who pushes me to be my best no matter what no matter how long I have known them. I can think of a few off the top of my head, but one more specifically that since I have known them has always encouraged me to be my best self and strive for all that I am capable of. Not once have they ever doubted me and showed me just what I needed to see to believe in myself.

Thank you to the ones that have betrayed, disappointed, or broken my heart. This list of thank yous wasn’t going to be all good people. Even the bad ones have greatly influenced my life. These people helped teach me a lesson and even if it hurt at first, it made me realize so much. I now know what not to look for in a person that I allow into my life. I may have kept my heart guarded at first, but now it is even more open than ever before for that right person. Thank you for showing me just why you did not belong in my life, and exactly what type of person is. Any bitterness that was once there is completely gone because I now know what I deserve. Now the door for new people in my life is open even wider than it was before because I learned so much from you.

I honestly could go on and on and on with this list and this blog post. My main point is to show that people walk in and out of our lives all the time. Some stay, some go, some return after some time but they all have one thing in common. They all have an impact on our lives and we can learn so much from our interactions with them. What matters is how we learn and change moving forward from these people in our lives. All the laughs and all the tears should be used to make our lives even greater.

You May Also Like

0 comments