Having a Positive Mindset

by - May 20, 2018

I tend to do a lot of my best thinking when I am driving. I am of course paying attention to the road as well, but I have found that on occasion an idea for a blog post comes to me on the way to or from work. This post is no different. I was thinking one morning about all the changes in my life over the past year or so. Most of these changes were great things for my life, some were not so easy, but were for the better as well.

I really got to thinking about all of the good things I have going in life right now and I realized the pretty obvious common factor. As soon as my mindset changed, so did my life. I know this has been a common theme in my posts already. I have mentioned having a positive attitude and outlook on life being the key to changing your life before within the posts on this page, but I thought it would be nice to dedicate an entire entry to it.


I can tell you first hand that as soon as I started looking at life as a beautiful thing rather than a drag it truly started to change my life in pretty profound ways. Believing in the positives in life really helps give you a confidence boost and that definitely is reflected to the people around you. I have mentioned this so many times that anyone who frequently reads my blogs here is probably sick of hearing about it, but this positive outlook truly helped me on my job search last summer. Four years ago when I was looking for a job fresh out of college I was a nervous, stressed out wreck because I was just so worried about my student loans kicking in soon and knew I needed a job to pay for them. I am sure that reflected into how I came off in a job interview. I was looking for work for almost nine months that time around. This more recent time it was only three. Yes, I did have more experience this time around, but I do truly believe the confidence I had and mindset I was in helped a lot too.

Positive decisions in your life tend to go hand in hand with a positive mindset as well. Do what is best for you and only you. Yes, helping people and being there for them is a wonderful thing, but that can also drag you down at times too. I think one of the hardest things about having relationships with people is learning when you need to let go. Accepting that it is time to move on is very important as well. Having a positive mindset goes hand in hand with the people around you and the situations you are in as well. Letting go is not a measure of your worth by any means. I am not saying to break up with your significant other after one fight or to cut ties with someone in your life over one disagreement, but try to recognize when a person and your relationship is starting to bring you down. I know I have mentioned this in previous posts before because I truly believe in it. If somebody is a negative influence on your life you are not a failure or a bad person for wanting to put some distance between you and that person. A very important part of being positive is recognizing when something in your life has a negative or even toxic influence, and it is especially important to know when you need to step away from that. Having a positive mindset is all about making everything around you as positive and happy as possible. 

Once you decide to stop dwelling on the negative things and focus on the amazing things in life I promise your life will start to reflect that. It truly almost is like magic. Make it a habit to brush off the negative thoughts and expand the positive ones. I know I have random days where I think about blowing off the gym but I buckle down and just go. Going to the gym four days a week is a habit now for me and positive thinking was very similar as well. It wasn't an overnight thing. It took work and time to finally look at life as sunny and beautiful especially on the rainy days. It took a lot of work to realize the losses were going to be wins in the long run. I strongly encourage you to do the same. I am in such a good place in my life right now and I truly and fully believe it is because I completely changed my mindset on life.

I decided to take a break from updating my beauty blog. I am not sure if I will go back to it because I just did not have the same enthusiasm for that page as I do for this one. I am seriously considering just updating this page weekly instead of every other week in place of the beauty blog. I have so many ideas for this page that I am excited about, and I think dedicating more time to writing for this page will be the best thing for me (see what I mean about letting things go to keep a positive mindset?) because I love writing for this page. I love the idea of potentially helping someone grow from a negative person into a happy positive person just like I did. I hope at least some of you enjoy reading this page as much as I enjoy writing it.

You May Also Like

0 comments