Tips to Stay Positive

by - May 27, 2018

I think it is safe to say that it is not always easy to be positive and happy every single day. It is very normal to have days where we just wake up on the wrong side of the bed, feel bloated, are not totally feeling how we look, and many other things. I honestly think that is just part of being human. Sure my page here is all about staying positive in life especially while trying to live a healthier lifestyle, but of course even I have days that I am not as positive as usual. I have a bunch of small things I do frequently, and especially on days like this that help me stay positive. I thought sharing them on here would be fun.


Here are just a few of my mugs that have a positive
message on them. Shoutout to Steph for the 
"Hello Love" mug and to Gina for the "Change
the World" mug. I bought the "Good Vibes
Only" mug at Target.
It is pretty amazing how such small things can really put a smile on your face or completely turn around your mood. If you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, my first suggestion is to make your morning beverage in a mug with a cute and/or positive saying on it. I have quite a few mugs like this. I honestly have a problem with mugs (just ask my mom). I see one I think is really cute, I buy it. I just love starting my days (more specifically my weekend mornings) with coffee or tea in one of these mugs. It puts a smile on my face and its a little positive note to start my day with.

Another little positive item I love to have is items you would use in a morning or night time routine with uplifting words on them as well. Bath and Body Works has so many products with cute little names. I love the "Happy Vibes" body wash in the shower, and something about seeing that "Hello Beautiful" body cream on my dresser every morning really puts a smile on my face. Small little reminders like this are so great to surround yourself with. I truly feel like having positive things around you and seeing these messages on a daily basis sticks with you and you eventually start to reflect them as well.

Something I think everybody should do is make a playlist of positive songs you love to listen to on bad days as well. I personally love cranking up the music and singing along every day on my way to and from work, but on bad days it just helps a bit more. I actually do have a playlist on my phone all with songs that have messages of positivity, independence, and all around self worth. Listening to those lyrics and singing along to them is very therapeutic and singing always puts me in a better mood personally. Listen to it while you are driving, at work if you have the type of job that you can, working out, etc. 

Books are great tools to use when needing a positivity boost as well. I recently wrote a book review for Heart Talk by Cleo Wade being a great book to have on you if you need a little pick-me-up. There are plenty of positivity books that would be great for this as well. If you can find a small one to carry on you that is great, or even a small one on your nightstand to read a passage in the morning as well. I recently found this positive journal that you can write in for a few minutes every day. Even your favorite book would work for this. If you are having a tough day and need a little mood boost, grab your favorite book and read a passage/chapter or two.

Young Living oils from left to right: Inner Child, Envision,
Lavender, Surrender, and Bergamot. 
The last tip I have to mention is essential oils. I know these are becoming more popular now, and for good reason. I use Young Living Essential Oils personally and I took this picture to show a few of my favorites to diffuse when I need a mood boost or some emotional support to get me through a tough time (Envision was great when I was job searching last summer). I also have a Pink Himalayan Salt lamp that helps me as well. I loved this lamp as soon as I tried it out. It really just has a calming effect in the room especially if used along with the diffuser. I will sometimes use them both in my bedroom at night as well to help me sleep. I truly feel like these oils help calm me and I love diffusing them when I need a little extra mood boost.

I hope some of these tips help you out.. These of course are tricks that work for me and help me stay positive and in a good mood, so I encourage you to find your own as well. I would love to hear any tips and tricks you may have as well! I highly recommend you to find something that works for you and try and make it a habit for  the days you are just not feeling so happy and positive. Add these into your routine and I promise you will not regret it.

You May Also Like

0 comments