Getting Off Track

by - August 12, 2018

The two main topics on this page are losing weight/living a healthy life and positivity. Both of these are pretty big things to maintain all the time in life. I know it may seem in this page like they may come easy to me all the time but that is not really always the case. It especially was not the case when I first started out on my journeys on both. With that being said it was extremely normal to have an occasional slip up and get off track on these things. The most important thing is recovery.

Let's start with the more prominent topic of this blog lately, living a healthy lifestyle. Sure I have been talking a lot about eating healthy food and exercising but I am by no means perfect in this category. I have days I eat things I shouldn't. I have days that I miss going to the gym. I try to stick to one day a week that my diet is less strict, but sometimes especially on the weekends I slip up more than I should. I sometimes do not make it to the gym the four days a week I have put aside for myself. This is usually because of some event I have during the week. For example this Thursday I wont be able to make it to the gym because I have plans to go see a show with a friend that night. It is very very rare at this point that I just skip going because I don't feel like it. I honestly look forward to going to the gym now. When these things happen it is so important to just pick yourself back up and do better tomorrow or for the rest of the day. Just because you ate something you shouldn't have on Monday, it does not mean the rest of your week is shot. If you skip the gym on Tuesday you should just get right back in there on Wednesday.

Positivity really is a similar thing. I am somebody (as any of you that regularly read this page know) that tries to have a positive outlook on life as much as I can. I try to see the good in life even on days that things are not always going my way. I still have bad days though. I would be lying if I said I always was in a positive mood and I always can smile through hard times. I really don't think anybody can be that way all the time. Last summer when I did not get a job that I interviewed for that I thought I had in the bag, I had a pretty bad couple of days. Anger, sadness, frustration, and so many other negative emotions sneak their way into our lives. The most important thing is to give yourself time to process these emotions and deal with them. Do not try to shut them out and ignore them because that will only lead to bigger problems. The only times I have ever had a panic attack in my life were because I was trying to ignore strong emotions in my life. They usually will just grow until you cannot contain them anymore. If you keep filling up a cup with water it will eventually overflow right? Allow yourself to deal with this emotion and move on. Remember that life will get better and that you will not feel this way forever. Do not become angry at yourself for letting your positivity slip, just get it right back as soon as you can.

I am sure you noticed that in both of these instances the advice and outcome is essentially the same. Remember that you are human and cannot live a perfect positive 100% healthy life all the time. Trying to do so will really only cause chaos. Allow yourself to slip up every now and then. The important thing is that the good outweighs the bad and that you get right back on track as soon as you can. The forecast does not always have beautiful sunny days right? The rain storms only make us appreciate the beauty of the warm sunny day even more.

You May Also Like

0 comments