Feeling Overwhelmed

by - October 28, 2018

I think it is safe to say it is officially my favorite time of year. Once the end of September hits and the fall is finally here I am pretty happy. Between Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas there is so much going on. Just these past few weekends alone we have gone apple picking, taken my niece and nephew to a trick-or-treating event, picked out and carved pumpkins from the farm and so much more. Once Halloween passes then it is all about planning Thanksgiving and then right into Christmas planning and shopping. Needless to say these last few months in the year are busy. 

I think it is safe to say when we are busy it is very easy to get overwhelmed and to let stress take over. I know I personally am already thinking about Christmas shopping and when to buy what, who I want to buy for, etc. Although this is my favorite time of year it can also be one of the most stressful. There is so much to get done between all of these holidays and that only adds to your daily responsibilities. Your best bet, however, is to map things out the best you can and not let the stress get to you. It is so easy to let yourself get overwhelmed but do your best to push through and do the best that you can do.

I used the holidays as an example simply because we are right in the middle of that time of year but there are so many things that pop up that can get to you. Maybe your car suddenly needs an expensive repair. Maybe you committed yourself to too many activities and are having a hard time making everything work. Maybe you are balancing an already busy schedule and are having doubts on if you can keep up with it. I could honestly keep going and going with examples. Life happens. We sometimes get busy and we sometimes need to make our paychecks stretch a bit further than we like. Every single person deals with these types of things. The most important part is keeping your sanity and getting through. 

Never allow stress and being overwhelmed to open yourself to making rash and unreasonable decisions. I know when I am stressing over something I need to get done I will always think about just giving up. One recent example would be the pumpkins I paint for Halloween. It started with my niece and nephew and one of my friend's sons but this year I committed to double the amount of pumpkins. Part of me wanted to just give up and not finish them this year but I knew I would regret that. Firstly because I know all the kids love them but also because I love to paint them as well. Yes I was in a bit of a time crunch this year but I still enjoyed doing it which is so important. Never lose sight of the overall goal even when the times get hard. Never lose sight of your true self as well. 

I am going to keep this post pretty short and sweet this week. Like I said this is a busy time of year and I have been doing a lot. I had to fit in writing this week with the painting and carving on top of my usual meal prep and laundry and such. Just remember if you are feeling overwhelmed to take a deep breath and power through! You will thank yourself when you do.

You May Also Like

0 comments