Reevaluate and Proceed

by - March 03, 2019

Whenever we embark on new journeys and set goals for ourselves we sometimes hit road blocks. Some are tiny, others are massive. I have talked about it time and time again on my page. It is so easy to get off track. It is so easy to loose sight of what truly matters. It is a lot easier to go the shorter easier path instead of the long rocky one. When we hit these road blocks in our journeys it is a lot easier for most of us to just give up and forget our goal was ever around. Instead of doing this, however, why not try revaluating your situation and adjusting it to hopefully meet your goals even better?

I mentioned in my post last week that one of the things I can be doing better is working on my sugar consumption. I have a sweet tooth. Most people know this about me. I know it is so horrible for you as well. I know that this habit is most likely a big cause in the slowing down of my weight loss results. Instead of just deciding it wasn't worth it and giving up I decided to try something new. For Lent this year I have decided to do another Whole30 journey. This will not only help me with those sugar cravings, but help me get into some healthier food habits again as well. The holidays got me pretty off track and I was not able to fully get back on track prior. I think this second round of Whole30 is going to be exactly what I need.

I also mentioned last week that I need to stay fully on track with my gym schedule as well. This really wasn't suppose to be a continuation of last week's post, but it seems to have slightly worked out that way! My new approach to this is a little bit different though. As I mentioned before, instead of just giving up and saying I will get there when I get there, I came up with a few little fun things to help me out. For one I bought myself a new gym bag. Just something small but that will definitely motivate me to make sure that money was well spent. With the gym bag I also bought a new foam roller that comes with a few other tools to help me recover my muscles  post workout a bit better. I have been getting pretty sore especially after seeing my trainer at the gym lately. I have been pushing myself harder at the gym then ever before and I think using these tools will help quite a bit with recovery.  Stretching out is extremely important and I know I could be doing more! I want to make sure I not only stick with the schedule I have now, but add to it in the future so I am trying to set myself up to do so.

My last example is going to be a bit different. I obviously like to preach positivity on my page and I know pretty well how hard of a journey that is in the beginning. Most people cannot go from being a negative person to an extremely positive one overnight. You could be on a great track and then suddenly one morning you wake up with just a negative attitude for no reason. I honestly think even the happiest and most positive person there is still has those days. What is most important is how you move forward from this. Trust me, when I first started shedding my negative attitude in life the positive days were less common than the negative ones. I didn't beat myself up when I did have those negative days though. I woke up the next day knowing it was just that; A new day. Don't simply throw away the progress you have made to become more positive simply because you had one bad day. Make sure that even on the bad days, you try your hardest to remind yourself that life is beautiful. 

I know giving up is so much easier than pushing forward with your goals especially if you are not seeing the results you want as fast as you think you should. I really thought I would be down in my weight a bit more by now but that doesn't mean I am just forgetting my goal and going back to my bad habits. Tomorrow is always a restart. Just vow to do better the following day. Never let one negative day, one day you ate horribly, or one day of skipping your workout define your entire journey. Nobody is perfect and we all have off days. Push through. Strive to do better when you make a mistake. Reevaluate your choices and do better. 

You May Also Like

0 comments