Reflecting on 2019 and Looking Toward 2020

by - December 29, 2019

I want to start off today's post by wishing my father a very happy 60th birthday! He's always joking about including him in my posts on here so I figured today would be the perfect day to mention him! Since it is December 29th that only means that we are just a few days from starting a brand new year. I know a lot of people that 2019 was a difficult one, so I am sure they are relieved to start fresh. For others maybe it was an amazing year. Either way we have an entire new year ahead of us to improve and grow. As I have the last few years, I wanted to spend my last post of the current year both reflecting, and talking about my goals moving forward.

Let's start with how 2019 was for me. It was honestly a pretty big and busy one for me. As I have mentioned in numerous posts (honestly you are all probably sick of hearing it by now) I was a lot busier than usual at work. Honestly because of that this year basically flew by. All of my weeks seemed shorter and shorter. This wasn't really a bad thing, and I learned a lot about how to do my job a bit more efficiently now that I have slowed down a bit again. The process also just reinforced my relationship with my bosses as well and that I know they have my back. This year was also a pretty big one with my writing. Even through all the work I managed to keep up with this blog. Sure I missed a few weeks, but overall I posted almost every single Sunday of 2019. I also had the honor of being nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award, which was really fun to participate in. And here is for the most exciting part... I took up poetry in early 2019, and in February I will officially be part of an anthology of published poems. I can actually say I will be published now! My work and picture will be printed in a book and I am so excited about that! The amount of support I have received already for that is astounding. It is a small step, but being published has been a dream of mine since high school!

Let's move on to the other half of the main topic of my blog: weight loss. Honestly I didn't go super far in terms of the scale on this one. I also will be the first to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my holidays (and plan to enjoy my birthday on Tuesday) with no shame at all. That hasn't changed at all. I did another round of Whole30 in the beginning of the year and although I did have results, I figured out it probably wasn't the best option to continue. I am still working on the diet portion of losing weight, but I know I will find something that fully works for me. Exercise on the other hand, I had a pretty decent year. I kept to the 5 days a week at the gym schedule pretty well even getting up early on Saturday mornings. I kept up with the weight training, working with a personal trainer, cardio on the opposite days, and I even randomly slip in some yoga on my days off of the gym. Overall my relationship with the gym is in a pretty good place even if I have been slacking a bit around the holidays. I keep getting compliments as well asking if I've lost weight and such, so I know I am doing something right even if the scale isn't moving too much.

Overall for me personally this year was a pretty good one. I feel like I've accomplished a lot in these 365 days, and I know I will continue to grow. So what kind of resolutions do I have? Well they are pretty much the same as usual, but overall it is just to keep moving forward. I know I've overindulged during the holidays so I am actually looking forward to getting back to eating right and getting back to my normal gym routine. I think living a healthy lifestyle will basically be a resolution for the entirety of my life. I would love to improve my writing even more as well. I only started writing poems earlier this year and I am going to be published, who knows what I may be able to do if I keep pushing myself to improve. I would love to learn new forms and keep writing as much as possible. I hope to spend every day of 2020 with a little less worry and a lot of love. I just hope to keep moving forward with my head held high, a smile on my face, and on the days I don't, I just hope to move through them quickly.

Now that we have just a few more days left in the year I want you all to sit and ponder how the last year was for you. Sure we all grew another year older, but did you take what you experienced and become another year wiser? Are you surrounded with people the truly love you in your life? Are you doing the best things for both your mental and physical health? Really reflect on all of these things so you and move forward in the year ahead of us. I would even go as far as to say to not make a resolution, but to just make a conscious effort to truly just live your best life in the year to come. Whether that means living a healthier life with food and exercise, cutting out negative people from your life, or overall just doing what you love to live a happier life. Make 2020 your year, and all the years to follow! Thank you all for an absolutely wonderful 2019. This was probably the biggest year I have had for this page, and I hope to keep it going strong! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year!

You May Also Like

0 comments